Sony Erricson X10 mini pro upgrade problem

Hiya All, i’m new to the site, I have a problem I bought a sony erricson x10 mini pro with android 1.6 on it, just recently via the phone I found out there is an update to 2.1 but it has to be done via a pc now I have a pc but no internet connection and I cannot use the phone as an internet connection.
can anyone help?
thanks
Owen

Hi and welcome.

I can see two options, the first is to find a friend that has an internet connection and use his PC for the update, and the second is, go to an internet cafe and use their PC’s.

Hiya Vroom, thanks for the speedy reply I thought pretty much the same as you either get a friend or I thought maybe a dongle, on the lines of internet cafes, I have never been in one but do they restrict visiting certain sites or installing software as I can only download the update via sony erricson’s own software.
I did try a piece of software for android and pc called easy teather which allows me to use my phone to access the internet via the pc but when I do the sony software does’nt recognise any phone is connected.
Cappi

[QUOTE=cappi01;2599560]Hiya Vroom, thanks for the speedy reply I thought pretty much the same as you either get a friend or I thought maybe a dongle, on the lines of internet cafes, I have never been in one but do they restrict visiting certain sites or installing software as I can only download the update via sony erricson’s own software.
I did try a piece of software for android and pc called easy teather which allows me to use my phone to access the internet via the pc but when I do the sony software does’nt recognise any phone is connected.
Cappi[/QUOTE]

You can ask, and i dont see why they shoould have a problem, the have backups so that they can restore the pc to it’s original state, and you will pay them to use their services. A win win situation for them.

No idea about this software, some android phones can be updated over the air, using only the wi-fi, no idea if the X10 supports this. Maybe you can look for this function on the manual of your phone.

hiya Vroom, I dont have that option on my phone m8 I know if I did it would be the end to this problem (i know this because when I visit the update website it asks me to choose my phone from a list then in text it says I will have to download pc companion onto my pc to get the update but anyway I think the internet cafe might be the easiest way unless a nice friend will let me use their pc.
thanks very much for your help and assistance Vroom youve been very helpful