Sony DWQ28A problem writing CMC MAG AE1 (Using two writers at the same time)

vbimport

Hi guys,

Have just installed a pair of Sony DWQ28A rewriters. Previously using a pair of Artec rewriters without problem until one went wrong so decided to replace with another matching pair. Did try a Pioneer 110, but had a probelm using these Datawrite Titanium discs (CMC Mag AE1) - problems well documented elsewhere.

Anyway, despite what you may say about the media, my Artecs wrote hundreds of these without problem, and hence I have hundreds of this media left - bought a good supply at a good price! These Sony rewriters just don’t like them, and I have tried all the firmware updates, and yes I know they are Liteon SOHW-1693S rebadged models - have tried that firmware update also.
The drives will write them individually, sometimes but not all the time. When I try using the two drives together, there is always an error. What used to take five minutes or so for a pair of DVDs now takes ten or twelve for one!

Am I missing something obvious here?

Help…

Tony

I tweaked the title of your post somewhat because I think the problem has more to do with using two writers at the same time and is not necessarily related to the media…

Unfortunately, I have very little experience in this, so I’ll just suggest a few obvious things to look at; rdgrimes usually seems to be able to handle these better. :wink:

• DMA is enabled for both drives, right?
  • Both drives are using the exact same firmware version, right?

• DMA is enabled for both drives, right?
  • Both drives are using the exact same firmware version, right?

Yes and yes!

So, no ideas then… :wink: