Sony DW22A

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-D22A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m looking for some help, I’ve tried updating the firmware twice and still the same problem. The problem is that the drive will playback a DVD but if I put a blank in, the icon in my computer changes to CDRW. I have tried different makes of blanks. The unit was working fine a couple of months ago. I have tried another USB lead as well. Any ideas please?
Sony were no help at all, did not even reply to me.
Regards
Pete
:frowning:

[QUOTE=Peterd123;2203530][qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-D22A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda][B][I]I’m looking for some help, I’ve tried updating the firmware twice and still the same problem. The problem is that the drive will playback a DVD but if I put a blank in, the icon in my computer changes to CDRW. I have tried different makes of blanks. The unit was working fine a couple of months ago. I have tried another USB lead as well. Any ideas please?
Sony were no help at all, did not even reply to me.
Regards
Pete[/I][/B]:([/QUOTE]I have just run Nero discspeed and everything worked ok. But when I put a new DVD blank in, it sees it as a cdrw drive.

[QUOTE=Peterd123;2203551]I have just run Nero discspeed and everything worked ok. But when I put a new DVD blank in, it sees it as a cdrw drive.[/QUOTE]Just thought I would let you all know that I have sorted it out. It was Nero that was at fault. I’m using the free version of Express burn and everything is working normal again. May be a windows/nero conflict.