To start, I always enjoyed Sony optical drives…until I bought this troublesome writer!
I recently purchased this drive and noticed it has 4 types of problems.
- It will burn till it reaches 99% and say the disc has failed.
- It will burn at a speed slower than 8x (4x at most)
- It will burn extremely slow and the output disc. is not readable in most DVD readers. (This occurred once for me)
- It will burn the DVD and everything seems fine. When you try to access the files, SOME of them are not readable.
I have burnt good copies of DVDs with this drive so I don’t think it is the drive
or the media in particular. But I don’t see why this drive is so inconsistant.
I am currently using Nero Ultra Edition 22.214.171.124 as a burning software.
After going through many sites, I still have not found an answer. My qustions
are as follows:
- Will a flash to Liteon SOHW-812S help to fix my problems?
- Can I use the Liteon SOHW-812S media compatibility patches after I flash my drive?
- Are there more reliable software to burn DVDs (for backup files purposes)
- Will this flash render my drive unfunctional and can I restore the default firmware with the LtnFW utility or others like it?
- Most importantly, has anyone even successfully flashed this drive? If so, Please leave a way for me to contact you.
Finally, your help is much appreciated. I would like to clear up these questions once and for all because there just seem to be no solution on the internet. And if you do offer a solution please indicate if you have actually tried the solution or “THINK” that it will work! Feel free to add questions and comments about this pain in the behind drive.