Sony DW-Q30A

Hi, I’m hoping someone on here can help me. For Christmas, I got a Sony DW-Q30A DVD Burner from newegg.com . I thought since it was a Sony that it would be good and to be honest didn’t really know what to look for in a burner. I just knew that I wanted to copy some of my dvds. A friend of mine installed it since it didn’t come with any kind of paper work. I got the software ’ ICOPYDVDS2’ for it. It worked great for a few and now it will read the DVDs but that’s it. I called Sony but they sold it and all the rights to newegg so they couldn’t help me. I have tried emailing newegg and telling them this but nothing yet. I emailed tech support with ‘ICOPY’ and they said that I need to update my firmware for it – whatever that means. I searched the web for updates and can’t find anything – that’s how I found this. Can someone tell me what I need to do or where to look? Do I just need to forget about it and throw it in the trash (that’s about where I am) :wink: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.