Sony DW-G120A, which LiteOn model is this?

As above ^

Also, is it just the retail version of this drive which has the Sony badge on the front? Bulk/OEM have no logo, right?

The one you already own

Yep, “Search” does wonders, look what I found in a post (and it was confirmed by C0deKing himself in the same thread):

DW-G120A = SHM-165P6S (+ DVD-RAM support)

:wink:

So it’s the SHM-165P6S? I was just enquiring about the DW-G120A for another PC. Anybody know if it’s any good?

I looked on the main LiteOn FAQ thread, but nothing mentioned on there about this drive, so I did a search using the model number and looked through a few posts, but could not find the info relating to my question.

Maybe Search was being a bit kooky - here’s the thread, it was about the 5th or 6th result I got: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=190447&highlight=DW-G120A

I think sometimes a lot of results get missed with the Search function for some reason.

I have no personal experience with that drive (or it’s Sony equivalent), or I’d comment :slight_smile:

Cheers for that Arachne. :slight_smile:

I did a full review of the Sony DW-G120a, check the sig for a link.

I thought is was pretty good to be honest, although my mate has nicked it from me now :frowning:

Thanks for the link and review, will check it out. :slight_smile: