Sony DW-D26A - LiteOn?

vbimport

Hi all,

Do any of you knowledgable people know if the Sony DW-D26A is OEM’d from LiteOn, and if so, which model it would be equivalent to?

It seems to have similar specs to the SOHW-1653…

jdt

I Think It’s Based On The Lite-On SOHW-1673S OEM

SONY DWD26A10 BEIGE OEM INTERNAL IDE 16xDVD+/-R,4x+R DL,8x+RW,6x-RW

I just flashed a Sony DW-D26A using the LiteOn SOHW-1673S JS05 firmware flasher. Haven’t done a lot of test burning yet, but so far so good.

is the sony dw-D26a the same as a sony DWD-26A?
and how does the new firmware work for you?

My guess is yes. I see references to DW-D26A, DWD-26A, and DWD26A, and I cannot believe they are three different Sony products.

I don’t have the time to do extensive burn quality testing these days, but I can tell you the drive has handled everything I’ve thrown at it so far – no coasters, no compatibility problems.

Mainly, I was happy that I was able to cross-flash this unit to its LiteOn equivalent because support (firmware upgrades, etc.) for Sony OEM drives is virtually non-existent.

Would this be the same for a DWD23a?

Got to get it to work somehow!

@squarejawhero
yes, it’s the same.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve got the same problem as this guy…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=132021

But I’m starting to wonder if the problem isn’t XP based.

BTW any info online about firmware upgrading? How to do it/files I’d need etc?

:bow: I worship thee. :bigsmile:

When I try to flash my Sony drive, the LiteOn utility detects the drive as being a Sony and will not allow me to proceed. Has anyone been successful flashing this drive? I can only record at 3.0X, which makes no sense at all to me.

@neumannu47
which drive and firmware do you have? check in device manager if the drive is in DMA mode and make a burst rate test with nero cd-dvd speed and post a screenshot here.
you can find all infos for attaching a screenshot and changing dma mode when you use the forum search.