Sony DW-D22A in external casing .....HELP

vbimport

Put my Sony DW-D22A burner into an external USB 2.0 casing today. Windows XP has no issues recognizing that there is something plugged in, but it is unsure exactly what it is. It shows up in the as a USB 2.0 Mass Storage Controller. The drive does not show up in my computer (external HDD had no issues here). Is there a driver that I need to get in order for the drive to be seen in my computer? Hard to burn a disk when you can’t find the drive, ya know? :bigsmile:

Anyway, if anyone can point in the correct direction, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and yes, the drive works fine. I just needed to clear up some space in my chassis (air flow restrictions) so I moved the burner and 2 of my HDD to external casings. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me out here a bit. Thanks

Alurra, welcome to cdfreaks :slight_smile:

Hmm, no there’s no other drivers required and the detection of a mass Storage Controller is correct, but after that it should display the model of the drive, then that it’s a CD Drive and then that it’s ready to be used. This will only happen the first time though - after the first time you just get the connect sound and the drive appears in my computer. How is the drive jumpered - is it set to master? I can’t think of what else to suggest other than to try another enclosure :confused: