Sony DVD with interactual won't copy

DVD is Christy Moore live 2006 (PAL version). Main movie will copy, without menus but other modes will nto complete, the copy gets to 100% then fails to complete and looking at the HD fodler, fails to create the IFO files.

Original IFOs are attached.
I have not tried clone yet because I don’t want to clone the interactual stuff.

I’m using 3 1.2.0 & have tried with pathfinger on & off. full disc & custom.
NB the disc contains interactual software , whcih auto installed before I could stop it, but I then removed it & cleaned the registry so hopefully it’s done no lasting damage. I thought I had autorun disabled so I.m not sure how to stop it auto installing again if I take the disc out & then re-insert it.

update: tried clone to ISO image with DVD video data only checked, & that seems to have created an ISO file on my HD OK. i.e. it completed without going into an endless loop as happened with all the preserve menus modes.

But I don’t actually want to write a DL backup disc, I just want to have the original concert on my hard drive/media server for viewing on my home network. I suppose I could try writing a backup copy from the ISo file and then ripping that backup copyback on to my HD but if FAb then fails to make a full disc copy o the clone then I’ll be very frustrated.

in the meantime I’ve just ripped the original to HD using DVdshrink with no problems ,except that that’s a compressed copy & I want the full 7Gb origianal quality on HD.

It seems strange that the lastest full version of fab is defeated by a sony proctection system that shrink can handle OK ???

Hi cybmole
Full Disc should work if you have the top option box only checked for VIDEO_TS (like Clone mode). Customize should work for this also. Neither one will copy the Sony malware (but most all of that stuff has an “Exit” or “Cancel Installation” option if you like to have Autorun enabled). Try using your ISO as a Source.

[QUOTE=signals;1917194]Hi cybmole
Full Disc should work if you have the top option box only checked for VIDEO_TS (like Clone mode). Customize should work for this also. Neither one will copy the Sony malware (but most all of that stuff has an “Exit” or “Cancel Installation” option if you like to have Autorun enabled). Try using your ISO as a Source.[/QUOTE]

they didn’t work though, “copying” ran up to 100% then just stayed there in both cases - full disc & customise , but main movie , which doesnot try to preserve menus wenrt thru ok.

I’m pretty sure that top option box was ticked and the other boxes were unticked as I never alter those. I just relauched the program & checked again what boxes are ticked by default.

what’s now puzzling is:

I wrote the ISO file to a DL blank, using FAb, then inspected the cloned DVD’s contents in Windows.
I can still see some nonDVD stuff on the cloned copy e.g. a program called checker.exe, an install.exe ,folders called Win & COMMON an autrorun.inf & more PC & mac .htm stuff, but it was not fully there.
e.g. there as a file called readme.txt but I could not open it from the cloned disc. so clone has “partially” cloned some non-dvd stuff but has succeeded in disabling it ? very strange. I’m sure that when I cloned it I’d told fab to only clone DVD video content. does clone preserve the complete DVD file index structure ( the stuff that windows exporer displays) but remove the non dvd data content ?

Still, nothing untoward autorunswhen I put the cloned disc into my D drive though.& I did get my desiredc end result eventually - I just copied the video_TS file from the cloned disc back onto HD & so I now have the complete DVD on HD where I want it to to be.

I’m a tad worried that next time I buy a SONY DVD I’ll have all this hassle again, I’ve rechecked my drives autorun settings so it shouldn’t install anything without asking first, but maybe Sony are able to bypass that windows setting somehow ?

Glad you got it the way you want. Fengtao will have to answer the rest. I thought Clone only read the VIDEO_TS folder when that option was checked (it has worked that way for me in the past). :confused: It may be a preservatioin of layer break thing.

thanks - can you point to any good info on what the interactual software actually does to a PC , and to what exent it can screw up programs like DVDfab if it gets installed. - I tried a search here but it is not easy to seaparate the paranoia from the facts !

I read the wikipedia entry & then ran regedit to check that it was really gone, but Im resisting the urge to system restore to yesterday!

That shouldn’t be necessary. I read that even Sony has quit putting the really bad stuff on their discs–I think there was a class action lawsuit. If you get normal read speeds on your next backup I think everything is fine. I used to have some software that checked for this that I found with Google:clap: but it never found anything so I dumped it. It was called RootKit Revealer I think. There are some old threads here in CDFreaks and on doom9 that discuss this.

Ya gotta watch Interactual, I know when I installed their newest version of the player awhile back it installed all kinds of chit on my puter so I had to remove it plus the other stuff it installed :a