Sony Dvd Rw Dw G120a :(

Dear Sir,

MY SONY DVD RW DW G120A NOT SHOWING ANY MOVIE DVD EVEN NOT SHOWING IN MYCOMPUTERS BUT CAN WORKING WITH DATA DVD’S AND SHOWING THEM.

I Can Write Data Can Read Data But when Inserting Movie Dvd ,i Can Not Even See It In My Computer.

I Can Play Those Movie Dvd’s On Other Dvd Players. I Am Able To Write Data Dvd’s Could Also Read Them And Can Read Others Data Dvd’s Come With Digit Or Chip Magazines

I Have Used A Varity Of Players To Play And But The Main Thing Is That Even My Computer Does Not Recognize’s These Movie Dvd’s

The Strange Part Is It Is Able To Read The Movie Dvd’s Sometimes Very Very Rarely But Not Always.

i Have Bought This Device Day Before Yesterday And Got Such Problems Dvd Players Can Play The Same Movie But This Device Not.

However I Can Write Data Can Read Data But when Inserting Movie Dvd ,i Can Not Even See It In My Computer.

[bIF ANYBODY CAN RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM BY FIRMWARE OR BY OTHER METHOD. IT WILL HELP ME[/b]

THANK YOU

Install Power DVD or similar software if you haven’t already done so. If that doesn’t work return the drive for an exchange or refund.

Hi mymarto and welcome to CDFreaks. Do you have any DVD player software installed on your PC like Power DVD? Thread moved to the Lite On Sony forum.
Edit: TigerZai beat me to it.

@mymarto
just a little info: your drive is a rebadged LITE-ON SHM-165P6S.

do you have anydvd (or similar software) installed? uninstall it and delete all registry keys, anydvd is known to cause problems when in conflict with some system processes. you should also get rid of nvidia ide drivers if they’re installed on your system.
remove the drive from device manager and restart your computer. make sure you have an mpeg2 codec installed and try to run a movie dvd.

Dear Sir,

I have PowerDVD and WinDVD installed on my computer , Secondly I have tried out also DVD region free, than dvd43 and Anydvd-- Nothing worked-- However, after installing anydvd I could watch a single dvd out of 7.
Don’t know what to do…

And now I am going to uninstall anydvd and will try as “chok0” told.

Use new firmware, means upgrade it.

http://www.cdr.cz/dvd_rekordery/sony/dwg120a.html

Hope it solved ur problems

Recently I used my DW-G120A to burn 800MB of Audio CD and a video CD of same capacity. All songs/videos in the CD were running well on any CD-player. I used an AMKETTE’s 800MB CD, each time.
However when I tried to burn 766MB of data CD, the CD cannot be burned. A message showed that the CD has a capacity of only 702MB.(Untrue!! I used an 800MB CD).
I used Nero 6.6.0.14
If it can write 800MB of audio/video, then why not data??
Please tell me if i have to make some adjustments.Or, do i need to use only SONY’s 800MB CD?
Abhishek Oza.

update you nero to v6.6.1.4, may help.

it didnt help!!!

by the way,
my driver version is: 5.1.2535.0