SONY DVD RW DW-G120A problem

Hey…
Im just wondering if anyone could solve my problem?
why is it when ive burnt a disc and play in my dvd player the movie always freezes on every chapter?
Im using winavi to convert mpeg to video_ts and audio_ts
>then burn these files using nero 7.
Any help or suggestions would be a great help.

Can you tell us what discs you’re using, the rated speed, and what speed you burned them at?

:slight_smile:

hi ive tried dvd+r and dvd-r and getting same results…
and ive tried burning at 8x(11080/kbs)
6x(8310/kbs)
and 5x(5540/kbs)
and im still getting same results.

What are the disc brands?

Can you download CD-DVD Speed (or find it in the Nero Toolkit, if you have Nero), and put one of the discs in your drive (both the -R and +R you tried would be good).

Then go to the “Disc Info” tab, and post the MID info for each disc. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi…the brands are has follows:

woolworths:worthit! dvd+r 4.7gb
Gigatain dvd-r 4.7gb(never had a problem with these in the past.)
sun vision 8x dvd-r 4.7gb

[U]speed tests are has follows:[/U]
[U]DVD-R results:[/U]

[U]DVD+R results:[/U]

does any body know answer to my problem?

I have now done several things:::
here are results of each test ive done…
maybe this will help out someone that has the knowledge to help.

[U]DISC QUALITY TEST:[/U]-DVD+R MEDIA
General Information
Drive: SONY DVD RW DW-G120A
Firmware: MYS6
Disc: DVD+R (AML 002)
Selected speed: 8 X
PI errors
Maximum: 174
Average: 35.34
Total: 267154
PI failures
Maximum: 5
Average: 0.02
Total: 1277
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 5:15
Number of samples: 52600
Average scanning interval: 1.15 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

[U]SCAN DISC-DVD+R[/U]

[U]DISC QUALITY TEST:-DVD-R[/U]

General Information
Disc: DVD-R (RITEKG05)
PI errors
Maximum: 115
Average: 37.78
Total: 214745
PI failures
Maximum: 10
Average: 0.97
Total: 43891
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 4:17
Number of samples: 39775
Average scanning interval: 1.14 ECC

[U]SCAN DISC:-DVD-R[/U]

You are using two media types that are known to NOT have good results or longevity. Try a different media like MCC004/MCC03RG20/TYG03/YUDEN000T02 or 3 and burn again.

just did a disc using nero vision and the burn is perfect…
my view:there was something wrong with the conversion of the media.
nero vision burnt without chapters,has before it was burnt with chapters.

I completely missed the replies, ooops :o

I agree with KTL, especially about the Ritek G05 - honestly, with that particular media, it’ll burn great most of the time, scan nicely…but a few months or even weeks down the line, you’ll not be able to read it.

I’ve had the same experience with them, as have plenty of others on here (if you’re doubtful, do a search of the forum for “Ritek G05” and have a look at what comes up ;)).

As for AML002…it’s budget media, but some on here have had OK burns with it. Not sure how long it lasts, though.

My immediate concern is what you’ve stored on the G05s…if I were you, I’d back it up again if it’s important stuff, to the media mentioned by KTL (I’d recommend Verbatim 16x +Rs (MCC004)).

I’ll agree with Arachne 100% about the G05’s if it is something that is irreplaceable on them then I’d be in a big hurry to back it up on some other
media like KTL mentioned above. I’d have to suggest against buying cheap media like woolworths, Gigatain, sun vision, etc., etc., always stick with
quality media like Verbatim, TY, even though it costs more it will last a lot longer than that el-cheapo stuff will. :Z

thanks guys for the help …will keep in mind next time.
any ideal places to buy these discs you mentioned?

You mention Woolies so I’m guessing you’re in the UK :wink:

Hmmm. I get my Verbatims from PC World or Staples if there’s a sale going, or www.svp.co.uk (which are way cheaper). :slight_smile:

ok…
i have now bought a batch of Verbatims and i have the same problem "freezing at each chapter"
now we have eliminated this part would there be another cause for the problem??

General Information
Disc: DVD-R (TYG03)
PI errors
Maximum: 12
Average: 0.86
Total: 9640
PI failures
Maximum: 2
Average: 0.03
Total: 2484
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 7:05
Number of samples: 77265
Average scanning interval: 1.16 ECC

Can you post the actual scan graph from the Verbatims? Click the floppy icon in the top right once the scan finishes, and save it as a .png file. Then upload that .png file to here.

It’s better to see the scan than read the numbers to see distribution of the PIF errors etc (while the numbers you posted look OK).

Also, what speed are you burning the Verbies at?

Those data from a TYG03 looks good, I can’t imagine it not playing well. How old is your standalone player? What brand?

Can you post the actual scan graph from the Verbatims? Click the floppy icon in the top right once the scan finishes, and save it as a .png file. Then upload that .png file to here.

Images are attached to post…

Those data from a TYG03 looks good, I can’t imagine it not playing well. How old is your standalone player? What brand?

Its roughly a year old and its a bush.

I think i have now solved the problem…
I found a option in conversion, that had burn in chapters…i unclicked this and everything seems ok so far :eek: :cool:

I think i have now solved the problem…
I found a option in conversion, that had burn in chapters…i unclicked this and everything seems ok so far

I thought id sorted this problem…but looks like i aint!!!
got so far and freezes again.
seems the only decent results i get is decoding and burning through nero showtime.

BUMP!!!
any more suggestions?