Sony dvd rw dw-d56a

vbimport

Hello everyone,
I would like to know if someone had problems with this driver: sony dvd rw dw-d56a because I only have troubles with it.
All the DVDs I burn won’t work on my TV DVD player. I tried some other players and they don’t work eighter. Sometimes they also stop on my sony driver (sony dvd rw dw-d56a).

If someone knows how to solve the problem, please let me know cause It’s driving me crazy !!!

thank you

Impo

Try using high quality media.

yeah, help! i just got an inspiron 6000 with this model dvdr and am having a similiar problem. all dvds i make play fine on the notebook but about 50% of them don’t play right on a stand alone player. the funny thing is some do actually work properly, which makes it harder to troubleshoot. most of the ones that don’t work will read but the last few chapters go to ‘unable to read disc’.

i am going to try a newer version of Nero today (6.6.0.12, i was using 6.6.0.1) and have tried all kinds of various media ±r, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. sometimes just burning it again produces a fully working copy but i hate wasting all these dvdrs.

i have been unable to find any drivers or firmware upgrades for this thing. anyone know where to go?

Look, I have the similar problem. I bought a laptop Sony Vaio PCG K35 2 months ago. I never tried with a CD but now when I need the drive to read a CD the Drive does not work. The drive only read DVD, I have tried with support online and nothing. I have reinstalled the unit software and nothing. Is incredible, when I called to Sony service customer they told me that problem is not problem of them.

I have just purchased my Dell XPS-G2. Went on the dell drivers update site and updated my drivers. I have also upgraded my firmware for the sony DVD RW DW-D56A. Ever since i did the upgrade the drive stopped reading files on the discs. It doesnt display any cd contents or anything. I have tried multiple cd but didnt work. Its just says the drive has no media etc. Could anyone help on this please. kind regards, Dido

hi, I got dell inspiron 6000 laptop couple of months back. I am happy about the system. I have small issue on sony dw-d56a dvd burner. I had burned the dvd movie files using nero 6.6 software. Its successfully burned with speed of 6x. But while playing the burned dvd in my laptop and dvd player i am getting the issue. The burned dvd is delivering the picture as perfect up to 50% after that its getting struck (its not playing). So i have upgraded the firmware from PDS3 to PDS7 from the dell site. I have tried with different DVD media. But still i am getting the same problem. Your help will be appreciated.

[QUOTE=Impo;846597]Hello everyone,
I would like to know if someone had problems with this driver: [B]sony dvd rw dw-d56a[/B] because I only have troubles with it.
All the DVDs I burn won’t work on my TV DVD player. I tried some other players and they don’t work eighter. Sometimes they also stop on my sony driver (sony dvd rw dw-d56a).

If someone knows how to solve the problem, please let me know cause It’s driving me crazy !!!

thank you

Impo[/QUOTE]
I am not posting a solution, but may be the same problem.
I have dell inspiron 510m with DVD - RW sony A 56
It had burnt one DVD till now, but it can NOT burn any more DVDs.
I have tried burning using windows XP-SP2, Nero 6, Nero 8, burn my files 3.01 BUT no use. The only thing I got is different error messages.
I changed many types of DVD-Rom, from sony, benq…trying to rule out the storge media itself as source of error, but again no use.
Astonishingly, it works a CD-ROM Burner very well.
Any suggestions?