Sony DVD RW DW-D22A / Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D firmware issue

vbimport

Sony DVD RW DW-D22A Firmware version BYS2
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110D Firmware version 1.08
I have been using Ritech Ridata 8x DVD-r’s for a long time. I have never had an issue. One day, i decide to use Ridata 16x. Both of my burners only read it as 4x. It always burned as 8x when i used 8x. Nero info tool says that the 16x will read at 8x but write at 4x. In info tool, with the 16x, it only supports 4x and with the 8x, it says it supports 8.0x - 6.0x - 4.0x. I am running win XP sp2. I have read that I need to flash my drives. I am extremely unfamiliar with this process and would greatly appreciate any help any additional info anyone may need, please feel free to contact me. Thank you

Todd :bow:

Bad and cheapo media - just use better media.
Ri* media isn’t good anymore since a long time…

Firmware 1.08 on a 110? Update!!

i updated the pioneer to 1.39. I have no clue how to update the sony. I did a scan using nero and it said the whole media was bad. Could you please recommend a media or perhaps the media that you use. Thank you in advance.

If you want the best media possible - buy Tayio Yuden (also Plextor, Panasonic, Fujifilm) and Verbatim media.

Thank you for the the advice. One more question. are you specifically refering to 4x Tayio Yuden that are made Japan or can i use their 8x http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-r-silver-thermal.html.
Thank you again. I will buy them tomorrow :bow: :clap: :slight_smile: