SONY DVD RW DRU870S Problem: Computer restarts while reading/writing a CD/DVD

vbimport

Yesterday I bought a new SONY DVD RW DRU870S(SATA) …:slight_smile:
But when i inserted the Software disk, my computer automatically restarted…No BLUE screen or ERROR MESSAGE…!:disagree:
Then i tried to burn with Nero 7.But at the time of burning computer restarted…!:sad:
Then finally i took it to the shop where i bought from… then it worked fine there…:a
I was shocked but couldn’t do anything…!
But there is also a strange problem with it! It do works when i lay down my computer but in tower position it doesn’t… i tighten all the Sata cables but no result
And yeah i previously used hp cd writer (IDE) and it worked fine and also used NEC dvd writer, it also worked fine…!
Please Any One can Help Me with this!!!
Any help will be Appreciated…:flower:
And Yeah My Computer Specifications are…
Intel DUAL CORE 2.5 Ghz
PSU 350W
DG31PR MOTHERBOARD
1 GB DDR2 RAM
160 GB WD HARD DRIVE
SONY DVD RW DRU870S
HP CD WRITER…

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I wonder if the culprit is the PSU: maybe is insufficient for your machine.

Did you try to unplug the HP drive leaving only the Sony connected?

Did you overclock your computer? Maybe overclocking causes too much instability on the system, so the machine restart any time more power is needed (when you start a burn). Try to reset BIOS to default values to see if this solve :slight_smile:

1 - Could you stop writing such insane subject titles?
2 - Did you conenct the power to your sata writer?
3 - Can you read a cd in your sata writer?

[QUOTE=ghayyurious;2525984]
But there is also a strange problem with it! It do works when i lay down my computer but in tower position it doesn’t [/QUOTE]

I would first try to exchange your new drive for another new one. If that is possible. Don’t accept their test on their computer. Even if the results are probably correct & the problem is elsewhere in your computer. Another new drive will verify this.
Obviously when your computer is on it’s side it is putting a different pressure on it’s circuitboards. If you have an adapter to SATA I would try there. For example it it soldered well ?

yeah i unplugged the HP drive and i asked the retailer about PSU he said "it’s fine for this drive"
and how do i overclock my pc…!
and I"M having the latest Bios… with default values…!

yeah i unplugged the HP drive and i asked the retailer about PSU he said "it’s fine for this drive"
and how do i overclock my pc…!
and I"M having the latest Bios… with default values…!

@Mr. Belvedere…
2.yeah i connected the power to my Sata writer…
3.No. it can not read a cd…As the dvd writer light blinks the pc reboots…!

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2525997]1 - Could you stop writing such insane subject titles? [/QUOTE]

Fixed this for you :wink: