Sony DVD RW DRU 530A not reading/burning CD's or audio disks...HELP

vbimport

I need help

My Sony DVD burner will not read any audio or CD-r disks…It used to know it doesn’t

What type of driver does it need…I downloaded the new version of driver off the Sony site…5302- 21g

Still my DVD burner can not read CD’s or burn audio disks…

Help me O-B 1…anyone

Please…you are my only hope…

lol

Seriously…I need any suggestions

Hi all…

Me again with additional info on my 'puter

The OS is windows XP

The driver I downloaded and installed was 530A-21G Firmware Updater

What type of driver is needed from the OS system- generic window driver???

Everything was working fine two days ago…Family member may have deleted some programs…

I use Nero- updated version to burn CD’s and DVD’s

Any suggestions…

there are no drivers for optical drives and windows have its generic driver for that which is good enough , the cd & dvd parts of a dvd burner are seperate and its possible the cd part died i suggest youll take the drive out and test it on another pc if you have or on a friend pc then youll know for sure if its the drive or something else , the fact that it worked 2 days ago doesnt mean anything alot of devices works few day/s before they dont it just the way it is :rolleyes:

Thanks Phil…I will check out on my other 'Puter…Thanks for the Advice…If anymore advice is available…By all means, go ahead and give it to me…Like I said …I need the help…Thanks

Im going through the same problem with my Liteon.

There’s a sticky in the optical drives forum which helps with this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=83984

My drive wouldnt recognize any cd’s. Last night I put in my windows cd and it read that, so im now onto the next step to see if there are software conflicts.

Follow the steps in the sticky and see how you go.

NEED HELP!!!

SONY DVD/CD-RW

Once i place any burn’t cd into the dvd/cd drive(these blank cd/dvds do have software
application already on them and work on different computers), you can hear it
spinning/running, but nothing comes up on the screen, only the option to burn for a
blank cd, indicating that their is nothing on the cd! In device manager, dvd/cd
says “its working properly”!!!
Need some help on what to do for this case…
Charlie

Hey,

I have the sony dru530a as well. I have been burning discs for about 2 years now with it.
i use nero. the problem is i was trying to burn a disc and it made a coaster. now it won’t read any disc i throw in it. i have tried the OS disc. nothing. i have tried dvd’s retail cd’s and still nothing. in the past when it has done this i just put in a retail cd and it read it and everything was fine. but now it won’t read anything. updated aspi. unistalled drive reinstalled. did nero info tool. finds drive. just says empty drive even though a disc is in the drive.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

jacob

Have you recently installed anything new or did any configurations or changes to your Operating System or hardware before your drive stopped working?

nothing different with computer setup. this drive has done this in the past. before when it did it i just put in a retail cd or dvd, it would read the disc and everything was fine. now it won’t read anything i throw in it. is there anyway to like reset the drive? i have upgraded firmware. unistalled drive … reinstalled… tried booting of os disc. no luck so far. thanks for the help…

jacobean

[QUOTE=Pow-wowDVDer;1108846]Hi all…

Me again with additional info on my 'puter

The OS is windows XP

The driver I downloaded and installed was 530A-21G Firmware Updater

What type of driver is needed from the OS system- generic window driver???

Everything was working fine two days ago…Family member may have deleted some programs…

I use Nero- updated version to burn CD’s and DVD’s

Any suggestions…[/QUOTE]

My 530a stopped working after downloading one of three updates from Microsoft. This happened between 9/12/2009 and today 9/28/2009.

I have Windows 7. I can restore to 9/10/09 and my 530 works. The MS updates were the only changes made.