Sony DVD+R DL 8x Made in India

vbimport

Fry is selling Sony DVD+R DL 8x Made in India, 25 disks for $12.99. I couldn’t find any information about it, like media code or review. Is there anybody used it? Thanks.

For that price if you have one of the burners that does well with any crappy DL media it probably is worth the gamble to see how it does, just don’t expect Verbatim DL performance or life out of it.

Made in India (could) be Moser Baer

If it is it could be pretty top notch stuff too.

[QUOTE=simpleguy;2456030]Fry is selling Sony DVD+R DL 8x Made in India, 25 disks for $12.99. I couldn’t find any information about it, like media code or review. Is there anybody used it? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The MID code should be RICOHJPN-D01-067.

I think there is possibility that they can be MBIPG101 R10.
I bought few TDK’s that were MII, and they were MBI. In my opinion, not a bad media, You can find my scan here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/mbipg101-r10-dl-279548/#post2307770

Thanks everybody. I’m going to buy it tomorrow and post result here.

I saw a user report that the media code is confirmed to be: MBIPG101 SR1

One user heregot Sony DL that was MBIPG101 R10 (an 8x media code), so it’s possible that they may be either what negritude said or this disc model. It’ll be interesting to see what the original poster gets. :slight_smile:

I went to frys today and they had a few spindles left. So i went ahead and picked one up for that price.

I’m making a cdspeed disc as we speak.

I’ll do a trt when done, but I don’t have a scanner

It passed the trt real well. I left it alone after the layer break and being a laptop, it kicked the disc out end errored because it couldn’t pull it back in. I’ll have to re-run it and post a pic.

I ran it again. I’m not sure exactly what everything means in there, but it looks like the drive can read it pretty good. A bit slow, but it should work.

Bought one spindle yesterday. Made a backup PS2 game. Burnt on a Lite-on iHas422 at 4x. Verified fine. Scan is not bad, but gave an error at layer break when scanned for Jitter.

I’m not sure if that drive supports jitter scanning on the second layer, but don’t know.

BTW The backup disk woks fine on my PS2, but I don’t know how is the second layer. I haven’t reached there yet.

Nice burn!

Judging this few burns, it seems like stable media for me.