Sony dvd play back problem

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Lite-On DH-20A4H. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Hi there all, dose any one know of a firmware or fix to allow the play back of sony titles such as persuit of happyness with will smith ladydi

Firmware should have no impact on movie playback. Are you using any playback software like PowerDVD or WinDVD?

for what it is worth, I have real player and windows media player. Poking around the net, I believe that it is some thing to do with the on disc protection used by sony The movie will play on a denon 3930, but i cant cart that about with me through customs for example thanks ladydiana

I don’t use either to play a DVD movie on the PC, so I’m not sure what is the compatibility with each. The two programs I mentioned are capable of playing back the movie, and typically, it will ask you to set the region coding beforehand.

if you man windvd, i’ve given it a try.
no great sirprise, didn’t help
The unfortunate thing is that I did not realise that it was ‘faulty’ when i bought it. I have a couple of ‘faulty’ sony dvds. Thankfully they are cheap things, so i’ll just give them to friends and buy new hopefully corrected copies

ladydiana

If you are talking about playback on your computer, why not try VLC Media Player, it’s free.

yes I’ve used vlc, it’s good for playing all regions
sadly what this dose is ‘pretend’ that sony dvds are not faulty

ladydiana