Sony Dvd/cd Rewritable Dw-d26a Drivers?

vbimport

DOES ANY BODY HAS THE DRIVERS FOR THE DVD/CD REWRITABLE INTERNAL DRIVE UNIT MODEL DW-D26A …PLEASE HELP ME :confused: :bigsmile:

@ gerry1
OK…slow down a bit…deep breath…Welcome:). Posting in all capitals is the equivalent of shouting. There are better ways to ask for help…

Anyway, there are no ‘drivers’ for your burners…when you attach a drive, windows should recognize the drive and install it. So, you might be talking about needing firmware or more?
If you need firmware for your rebadged Liteon 1673, you can get it here. There are also instructions there for its usage…please read all the ‘readmes’ enclosed. Also taking a look at the FAQs may be helpful to you.

If you have a bigger problem, try the ‘search’ function for answers. If that fails, you can explain it here in more detail than you provided for your first time :iagree: …in lower case letters :iagree: …with smiley icons :wink: :cool:…

I believe I am suffering same malady. Purchased barebones Sony Dvd/cd Rewritable Dw-d26a. Flashed it with Lite-On 1673S but Windows 2000 doesn’t want to recognise it and asks for:

DVD Player

There is no Windows 2000 compatible DVD decoder installed on this system. A DVD decoder device or decoder software is required to play movies (a DVD drive alone is not sufficient).

If this computer could play DVD Videos before Windows 2000 was installed then your DVD decoder is not compatible with Windows 2000. You may be able to fix this problem by downloading new decoder software from your computer manufacturer. Please visit http://www.hardware-update.com using your Internet browser.

OK

Can win2k recognise this burner? Can Windows Media Player function with it? Is a device decoder simply a DVD player software?
Thanks
pipster55

You must install DVD-playback software such as WinDVD or PowerDVD if you want Windows Media Player to play back DVDs. In order to play back DVDs, you need both a MPEG2 decoder and a CSS decoder, and both of these things are patented and licensed, which is why you must install third-party software. PowerDVD is usually bundled, even with OEM barebone drives that I get from Newegg…

BTW, please do not crosspost; the crossposted thread has been deleted… thanks.