Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive Unit

The model is DW-U18A.

Backstory:

I was looking through my basement and found the DVD unit. Its wireless and I am trying to figure out what wires are needed to connect it. Now not to leave you thinking what does it look like I have left a photo to show you what it is.

If you can help me find the right cables i will be happy. Also I was thinking of selling without cables seeing it goes for up to $60.00. Should I? Also again, I have a notebook and need a drive like this to provide CD Support.

Welcome to MyCE [I]jrok98[/I]. :flower:

[I]Nostalgia warning.[/I]
This is an 10y old DVD burner that can be found at ebay.com for +/- 20 USD. Aka Lite-On SOHW 812S. [I]//nostalgia warning.[/I]

It is an IDE/ Parallel_ATA connection drive, not supported by nowdays mothertboards. And you can’t hook it up on your notebook without costly accessories.

You better look for a USB3/ 2 or eSATA DVD/BD burner, depending on your notebook port connectivity. :cool:
BTW, wha’s the name and type of your notebook?

[QUOTE=pinto2;2675169]Welcome to MyCE [I]jrok98[/I]. :flower:

[I]Nostalgia warning.[/I]
This is an 10y old DVD burner that can be found at ebay.com for +/- 20 USD. Aka Lite-On SOHW 812S. [I]//nostalgia warning.[/I]

It is an IDE/ Parallel_ATA connection drive, not supported by nowdays mothertboards. And you can’t hook it up on your notebook without costly accessories.

You better look for a USB3/ 2 or eSATA DVD/BD burner, depending on your notebook port connectivity. :cool:
BTW, wha’s the name and type of your notebook?[/QUOTE]

I have a ASUS notebook and it is Windows 7 Starter. The funny thing is My Computer says there is a DVD Drive

Please check the base of your notebook for sticker label. :slight_smile:
There you’ll be able to read model and type…

Note. No need to post the 10 characters serial, “SN”.

[QUOTE=pinto2;2675354]Please check the base of your notebook for sticker label. :slight_smile:
There you’ll be able to read model and type…

Note. No need to post the 10 characters serial, “SN”. [/QUOTE]

ASUS Eee PC 1001PXD

Thanks for your posts. :flower:

USB-2 is your limit. Get a slimdrive of your chose . :confused:

Maybe time to move on to usb-3 or an e-Sata lappy. :slight_smile: