Sony DRX-840U won\'t burn anything

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRX-840U. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I had this hooked up for awhile unhooked it for awhile and now it will not burn anything using my usual disks but, says successful burn? I can put a movie on my hard drive but I can’t burn it to another disk says it burned but the disk is still blank I’ve tried burning with Nero Ultra 8 and also DVDFAB which both say it was a success but are still blank. anyone have any idea what my problem might be. it must be in the burner some how because both burning programs fail. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi,

since this is an external drive, you might try it with another computer to see if this is a hardware problem or an issue with your Windows installation.

Michael

Tried with my other pc and still no burn although, burning programs say success :sad: I don’t have an eeprom backup or I would try re writing it I don’t know of anything else it could be writes fine to the hard drive and I did burn a cd on it last night :confused:

Will, burn cd’s :confused:

Hi,[quote=crippledchicken;2153004]Tried with my other pc and still no burn although, burning programs say success [/quote]Then there is something wrong with the drive.

I don’t have an eeprom backup or I would try re writing it
Since this is a Samsung drive (not a Liteon) there is no such thing like a backupable EEPROM.
If there is any warranty, then contact the vendor. You might also try if cleaning the lens helps.

Michael