Sony dru800a dvd drive issue (Sony DRU-800A)

vbimport

Hello all!! I am new to this forum and thank God I found it!! this is a great place to share ideas and information!

My problem is that my dvd drive will burn .AVI files to normal dvd +R and -R, but when i try to use DVD -RW media it will burn to it and play on a stand alone. But when i put the disc back into the drive to erase, the drive doesn’t recognize the files on the disc (doesn’t show that there are any files on the disc) and can’t erase them. I’ve tried different SW to erase like Nero 9, Alcohol 120, and none work. windows doesn’t even show that there is anything on the disc.

I’ve tried several different SW for burning also such as ConvertX to DVD, and AVS converter. I have wasted several DVD -RW’s in the process because I can’t do anything with them now that they won’t erase.

Can anyone please help with this issue. or tell me of a good avi to vob converter that doesn’t freeze up the video in my stand alone. I have a high quality stand alone also that is supposed to read DVD -RW’s. It is a Integra DPC 7.4 and does great most of the time but will freeze up on the dvd -RW’s that have avi converted to vob.

Also, I used Sony’s online drive test and the drive is functioning properly per that. I have the lastest firmware for it also, i think it is KY06.

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Try this, it may help: go into Alcohol’s Settings, and under “Emulation”, make sure “Hide CDR media” is not checked.

Hi Arachne,

Thanks for the reply. when I go into the Emulation Options there is not a check off for “Hide CDR Media”, there is only “ignore media type”, "Launch CD/DVD Manager without ‘ignore media type’, and “RMPS Media Emulation” check off boxes. why would i need to hide cdr media anyway? this has to do with the drive not reading DVD -RW’s that have .AVI media burned to them.

Thanks

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-800A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda][B]Sony dru800a dvd drive issue[/B]
Hello all!! I am new to this forum and thank God I found it!! this is a great place to share ideas and information!

My problem is that my dvd drive will burn .AVI files to normal dvd +R and -R, but when i try to use DVD -RW media it will burn to it and play on a stand alone. But when i put the disc back into the drive to erase, the drive doesn’t recognize the files on the disc (doesn’t show that there are any files on the disc) and can’t erase them. I’ve tried different SW to erase like Nero 9, Alcohol 120, and none work. windows doesn’t even show that there is anything on the disc.

I’ve tried several different SW for burning also such as ConvertX to DVD, and AVS converter. I have wasted several DVD -RW’s in the process because I can’t do anything with them now that they won’t erase.

Can anyone please help with this issue. or tell me of a good avi to vob converter that doesn’t freeze up the video in my stand alone. I have a high quality stand alone also that is supposed to read DVD -RW’s. It is a Integra DPC 7.4 and does great most of the time but will freeze up on the dvd -RW’s that have avi converted to vob.

Also, I used Sony’s online drive test and the drive is functioning properly per that. I have the lastest firmware for it also, i think it is KY06.

I have to convert the .AVI files to .VOB and then it will recognize the files on the disc and erase- but what a pain. Is there a better solution??

Thanks for any help you can give!!!
davron94 is online now Report Post Reply With Quote

“Ignore Media Type”, that’s the one you want disabled - sorry, I got it mixed up with a similar option in Daemon Tools :doh:

Edit: Alcohol’s (and Daemon Tools’) ATIP-hiding options can often cause recognition problems with media - yes, both CD and DVD media, despite the option name. It may not be the problem, but it’s worth a try and you can always re-enable it if it doesn’t help :wink:

BTW, please don’t crosspost, it’s against forum rules :wink:

** General Hardware thread merged with this one **