Sony DRU500 A Problems! HELP!

im having problems with my DRU-500A
the thing is , it writes sometimes well , and sometimes doenst burn well at all (and then the drive is “stuck”)
i know the drive is gonna stuck if i hear the cd buzzing…then stopps…for a few minz…like the cd-r is trying to “read it” but cant
im using high quality medias (maxell) for cdr-'s and Silverline for dvd’s
if dvd-r / cd-r (sony) doenst write , or gets stuck , its before it even starts writing the lead in (start of the cd)
and then after it is stuck i get a msg (in case of nero) - error queueing , and then buffer underun …later on i just cant ACCESS the drive
(even eject doesnt work) , and i gotta restart.
im using the latest firmware , the hd’s (4 in number) are connected thru an IDE card , and the cdroms (2 , 1 dvd , 1 dvd-rw - sony) are connect to secondery IDE…
any help? suggestions?
HELP
thx!

Sounds like a bad drive. Is it still under warranty? Sony has a utililty on their site for testing drives. You might want to download run it.

Originally posted by m0teki
im having problems with my DRU-500A
the thing is , it writes sometimes well , and sometimes doenst burn well at all (and then the drive is “stuck”)
i know the drive is gonna stuck if i hear the cd buzzing…then stopps…for a few minz…like the cd-r is trying to “read it” but cant
im using high quality medias (maxell) for cdr-'s and Silverline for dvd’s
if dvd-r / cd-r (sony) doenst write , or gets stuck , its before it even starts writing the lead in (start of the cd)
and then after it is stuck i get a msg (in case of nero) - error queueing , and then buffer underun …later on i just cant ACCESS the drive
(even eject doesnt work) , and i gotta restart.
im using the latest firmware , the hd’s (4 in number) are connected thru an IDE card , and the cdroms (2 , 1 dvd , 1 dvd-rw - sony) are connect to secondery IDE…
any help? suggestions?
HELP
thx!

i did use it…
and it said its A Ok…
meaning it passed all the tests…
it jus sometimes writes…and sometimes not…

it seems like your dru-500a is not connected directly to the motherboard. may be wanna try that??

have you tried using different medias?? if that doesn’t work, rmunde is probably right, a bad drive… :frowning:

i have the DRU-500AX, which is an identical drive to what you have and have not had problems like yours. you get a queueing error then under buffer run. that sounds like the data is not sent to the drive to be burned to either cd or dvd media… but i may be wrong…

hi, if your burner is connected to the ide card, try connecting it to the ides onboard. may be that’ll make a difference.

under buffer runs happen because the data is not sent to the burner to be burned. may be you might wanna not touch pc while burning. that’s what i do. :stuck_out_tongue:

i jus did connect it sepretly on the board now…it has its own ide
same problems…

I’ve seen you done what you could,and that drive doesn’t need
to be in your company one more day. Take it back,I have one almost a year with no problems except my initial ignorance in burning dvd’s correctly. TAKE IT BACK!!!

thx for the help
will do today.