Sony DRU 870S and Asus M2N-X (SATA Problems)

Hi there.

Today i bought my first SATA drive (Sony DRU 870S).

I connected the SATA cable, started the pc, windows recognized new “cd rom drive” and everything seems to be working fine.

But when i try to rip one dvd using DVDDecrypter, the program freezes and i have to reboot the pc.

I tried the Sony drive in another pc and it works fine. Before that, i replaced the recorder unit for a new one and nothing changed.

I tried to update the BIOS, but the Asus site is very poor at explaining this procedure.

I downloaded the latest BIOS, burned into a cdr but the BIOS upgrading program doesn’t find the firmware…

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,[QUOTE=rca29;2311137]
Today i bought my first SATA drive (Sony DRU 870S).

I connected the SATA cable, started the pc, windows recognized new “cd rom drive” and everything seems to be working fine.

But when i try to rip one dvd using DVDDecrypter, the program freezes and i have to reboot the pc.[/quote]How is the Sata controller of your motherboard configured? Most compatible would be IDE or similar.
Next problem source might be the IDE/Sata drivers you have installed. Either try Windows built-in drivers (if you haven’t already) or the latest version from the chipset manufacturer.

Michael