Sony DRU-845AS SATA and Lightscribe drive: Does anyone have it?

vbimport

I’ve been looking all over the net for details on this drive (Sony DRU-845AS) without success. Is this an Optiarc 7201S? Can anyone shed light on this drive? It’s simply listed as a 20x SATA with Lightscribe drive and costs just a bit more than an 840AK / V200A.

Would really appreciate more details on this drive. TIA! :flower:

EDIT: Found an almost similar product (from a Chinese site) listed as a DRU-845S. Does the A on the product model indicate anything special? Like additional software?

The DRU-845S has the following specs (dunno if it’s the same as the 845AS still - have to confirm this):

[ul]
[li] DVD±R 20x
[/li][li] DVD+RW 8x
[/li][li] DVD-RW 6x
[/li][li] DVD±R DL 12x
[/li][li] DVD-RAM 12x
[/li][li] DVD-ROM 16x
[/li][li] CD-R 48x
[/li][li] CD-RW 32x
[/li][li] CD-ROM 48x
[/li][/ul]

Any similarities with Optiarc/OEM drives already being sold? I’m thinking of getting one of these (along with a Litey for scanning, still waiting for the newer ones - iHAS4xx if it’s good), I just don’t want to regret it. :wink:

P.S. I’m not sure if this should be here or the NEC/Optiarc forum - mods, move at your discretion.

It’s a Samsung S203N or P.

Looks like a samsung to me.

[quote=vroom;2142134]Looks like a samsung to me.[/quote]It IS a Samsung. And if we could read that tiny little sticker at the back of the drive, we would exactly know the Samsung equivalent model. Most likely a 203N:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f105/sony-845s-253357/#post2133730

Ack, I already have an SH-S203N. Thanks guys. Does the “A” in DRU-845AS mean anything or it’s irrelevant?

[quote=evo69;2142178]Ack, I already have an SH-S203N. Thanks guys. Does the “A” in DRU-845AS mean anything or it’s irrelevant?[/quote]Might be just some packaging option. Or “A” like Asia.