Sony DRU-810A

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-810A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Should I get this for $20? I have a NEC 3550a right now. I am looking to backup my movies and games.

How does this compare to the NEC 3550? Thanks

[QUOTE=Decipher;2182135][qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-810A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Should I get this for $20? I have a NEC 3550a right now. I am looking to backup my movies and games.

How does this compare to the NEC 3550? Thanks[/QUOTE]

It’s a very fast reader, but also a few years old. Is this going to be new?

[QUOTE=Decipher;2182135][qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-810A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Should I get this for $20? I have a NEC 3550a right now. I am looking to backup my movies and games.

How does this compare to the NEC 3550? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting it from? The drive is no longer in production.

Someone I know is clearing his stock. He is selling to to me for 20. He barely used it as he said.

[QUOTE=Decipher;2182173]Someone I know is clearing his stock. He is selling to to me for 20. He barely used it as he said.[/QUOTE]

I see. Well, if you trust him, then it’s a great deal. The DRU-810A will either be a rebadged BenQ DW1640 or DW1650 (the model number on the label of the drive tells the difference. If the model number has an extra “-R” then it’s a 1650). Most people get the drives so they can cross-flash them into BenQs, but they also work well with the original Sony firmware.

I don’t really know the guy but then again the CD is cracked but the condition of the drive looks pretty pristine. $20 gamble. I am thinking of installing it to check it out later on. What kind of diagnostic tools do i need?

The CD is broken and the guy didn’t mention that. Oh well.

I can’t edit my message?

Anyways I think my friend broke it when the guy handed it to him. Do I actually need the disc? I really doubt that Nero 6 SE is that great…

Where can I get this CD and I would be able to do without it right?

I like Nero 6 more than every newer version but of course you can take any other actual software.