SONY DRU-810A DVD Burner Review

I just posted the article SONY DRU-810A DVD Burner Review.

Sony was kind enough to send us their latest Dual RW Drive: the Sony DRU-810A, which supports Double Layer and Dual Layer recording. The drive is based on BenQ DW1640A which received CDFreaks’ Editors Choice Award (September 2005). In this article we will show the performance of DRU-810A by running the drive through numerous tests on a massive amount of various CD/DVD media.

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/108-SONY-DRU-810A-DVD-Burner-Review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/108-SONY-DRU-810A-DVD-Burner-Review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

basically a benq dw1640. read curves should not be done on the sony because the benq dw1640 is known to have great error correction and read curves can’t be compared to those done on more sensitive drives (166s for example which was the standard)

Dahlings, If this is a rebadged BenQ, it only cost less than £20 [before VAT] in the trade. So why sell your soul for this? What do you mean you feel the need to be near to them because they are like royalty !! You mean like those halleluja types who watches those lovely things at the choir practice dreaming what they could do if they can get their grubby hands on those little angels. Shameful or what. Hold up your dignity and let 'royalty" show others how they hold up theirs, if they can find theirs. And it matters not if others aren’t doing it either. We have to start somewhere or else we become pimps for every 'royalty" flashing their bit. For heaven’s sake, trying to sell 'royalty" instead of doing a little hardware review. Just look at the front bezel, where is the inspiration, eh? Know that ancient wisdom describes traders as worse than scum NOT because trading is bad but what types trading generally attracts. Like stools attracts flies. Being dignified AND balanced in a review breeds honesty and quality and let the reviewed item stand for itself. Reviews that tries to sell is NOT a review. It’s solicitation and colloquially, that’s called pimping.

zevia, congrats for your review! (is it the first one?) ET :g

This Drive rips faster than my plextor 716, I checked it on 4 dl dvd movies so far its the fastest ripper that I have ever had.

HELLO COULD YOU TELL ME WHY WHEN I DOWNLOAD NERO 6.3 MY SOFTWARE CDRIP MP3 DIDN’T START I HAVE XP PRO AND A DELL PENTIUM CELERON 4 DIMENSION 2400 THANKS A LOT TO THE SONY TEAM

I have this drive and I tried ripping Click in DVD Decrypter. I unchecked all the crap cells in ifo mode and started to rip. It gave me an error and so I closed it down. The my drive wouldn’t read more than 2.0x. I am not sure how it happened but I believe the drive DOES have drive lock. I ended up crossflashing to the BenQ 1640 and it reads at full speed now. J_K_M_A_N