Sony DRU-720A reading DVD-ROM?

Hi, i am currently using a sony dru-720a. After experiencing some ‘power calibration errors’, i had browsed on the web and other reputable forums for solution. One of which i have tried is taking apart my dvd-writer, later reassembling it back. I have found a slight flaw, the dvd-writer could read all manners of disc except a movie dvd-rom. After much testing with other movie titles, i still could not get it to recognise one furthermore when i have tried to use dvd-identifier to check out the discs, an error message prompting me with : "
[23:45:28] DVD Identifier V5.0.1
[23:45:28] Initializing Drive Interface [Auto-Select ASPI/SPTI]
[23:45:28] SPTI Drive Interface Successfully Initialized
[23:45:28] 1 Supported Drive Found (Out Of 2 Available Drives)
[23:45:28] Manufacturer Database [08-OCT-06@727$93] Loaded From File : (@727$93) Entries Found
[23:45:28] Internet Version Check Postponed Since Last Check Happened Less Than 1 Hour Ago
[23:45:31] Waiting For Drive To Initialize Disc…
[23:46:01] ERROR : Unable To Initialize Disc In Time : Not ready - Logical unit not ready [02/04/01]"

Please advise on how may i resurrect my sony dru-720a?

Does it have the correct region set??

i have managed to bypass the region code setting, i still am experiencing the same problems of reading the dvd-rom. In addition, i have updated the firmware to the latest JY08. It does not seem to jump start it.

Run imgburn, put the disc in, post the info from imgburn here.

i have found out what’s the problem with reading the dvd-rom - i’d guess. It’s the ASPI driver not loaded, but i still experience the same drawbacks - ‘power calibration error’ even though i have updated the firmware revision to the latest. In addition cleanse the lens and tried to change the IDE configuration of the dvd-writer which still proves to no avail.

Maybe run ForceASPI, restart.