Sony DRU-710a wont autoplay correctly

Hello all,

I have a sony dru 710-a that wont autoplay correctly. Its firmware version is BY02. No matter what kind of cd/dvd it is, it wont autoplay. instead it will pop up the contents of it, or it wont do anything. i can still play all types of discs, and i am not having any burning problems of any kind. i have tried that autorun fix thing from microsoft, it does report errors but its unable to fix them. here is the log report it gives me:

AutoFix [V5.2.3790.67]
Time [2005-11-06 08:46:24]
Microsoft Windows Version [5.1 (Service Pack 1) <2600>]

Test [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.] - Instance [N/A]:
Result [AutoStart Setting]: Check Skipped
Result [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.]: Problems
>> Repair << [The Shell Hardware Detection service is running.]
Step: Starting the Shell Hardware Detection service.
Result: The wizard ran into problems while trying to start the Shell Hardware Detection service.

Note i have also tried to right click on the drive and to set the autoplay functions, but there aint none. and also in windows explorer it shows this drive as a CD Drive, instead of a DVD/RW drive like it used to. Im using Home edition SP1.

ok i take something back, i dont know if this is after i upgraded the firmware version to BYX5, but i my drive wont read dvd+r memorex brand. they used to work cause i burned them with this same drive. i can burn and read dvd-r just not dvd+r for some reason. any one?

BuMp, i cant seem to figure this problem out. i may have pin pointed the problem to having no shellhardware detector? when i go to run>services.msc, the process there is not listed. i have ran registry cleaners, and that drivecheck test from sony and this problem still isnt fixed. and another thing, like i stated above, the drive is unable to play DVD+R, or so i thought. i burned some data to a new blank DVD+R, and it will read it. just not the discs i burned before, which are both from memorex.

ok since this problem seems like it has no solution. can someone please tell me how i can restore my firmware to BY02 to see if the drive can atleast read my DVD+R discs that i burned before.

just dowload this pack of fw , unzip it, and run the fw you need!!

it still wont recognize the data from my previous DVD+R discs. maybe its because of the fact that it wont autoplay? i dunno.