Sony dru-710a/Liteon 1633 help

vbimport

hi, iam kind of new to flashing firmwares for dvd-rw drives and i was wondering if anyone could help me out?i bought the sony dru-710a which i read in here is the same as the Liteon 1633.i was going to use if for ps2 backups,but needed to be able to burn dvd-r’s atleast 1-2X.(slowest it lets me burn is 4X)i also seen the program omnipatcher,but couldnt figure it,and didnt want to screw up my drive.so,let me know if this is right.i take the old firmware for burning at 2X : http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares/stock/Sony.710A.BY01-BY02-BY03.stock.rar

open it up with omnipatcher,adjust some settings then reflash it on the drive?i hope thats right.let me know if iam missing some steps.i tryed everything i could think of to burn atleast 2x with the stock firmware,but it just doesnt allow me.thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

there are 3 firmwares in there to modify:by01,byo2,byo3.which one should i use op on?

Burning @1-2x at 4-8x media will not improve the write quality, so it is no problem at all that the lower speeds are not supported anymore.

what should i do to fix this?i tried burning with sony and fujifilm media dvd-r.ive heard thats the problem with ps2 backups,that u need to burn atleast 1-2x.i dont know if anyone else here does ps2 backups,but iam kind of running out of options.

run the CS09 firmware through omnipatcher, enable all options and then flash it to your drive. take high quality +R media (tayo yuden, ricohjpn) and write them @4x speed. they will be better as on lower speeds.

@ kevincadogan22
ala42 is saying that it is OK to burn at 4x and still get the quality you need. However you may need to use better quality media. Try one and see. You can also check your burn results with Kprobe 2.4.2 BLER scans at 4x scan speed(the forum standard) . To learn what these graphs mean, you can read Interpreting PI/PO error scans.

If you want to post some results, click on the diskette icon on the toolbar before ejecting disc, and save as a .png file. Attach to a post using the ‘manage attachments’ button in the ‘go advanced’ reply window.

ok,ill try out some other media.ill post my results later.thanks