SOny DRU 700A users. Please help, Drive does not detect any media

vbimport

Hello, I had recently a problem with my DRU 700A firmware update. I updated without change in DMA modes to PIO and when i restarted the computer the drive was detected by win but does not detect media inserted.

I have tryed to update with all firmwares possible but without results. Drive is also detecting nothing. I dont know if an update with MTKFLASH can fix it, but i need the original firm. Can anyone extract his original firm in binary and send it to me? Or do you know where can i take 03 or similar firmware?

I need help, i dont know if the drive is Dead or if this can be fixed.

Any idea?

Could the flash affect to the EPROM?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

It’s possible than a burner dont detect CD/DVD inserted for problems in Region?

I have never touched this thing but i don’t know if with the misflash can it been bad configured

Thx

Hi Noymn,

I had a Sony 700A and nothing but trouble with the unit, finally failing to write at all. A Tech told me that Sony writers are not what they used to be. So do yourself a favour a throw it and buy a NEC ND-3520A. I have 2 NECs and they read and write all that I do in DVD authoring, also, they are a lot cheaper than other well known expensive brands. They come with Nero6 OEM and it is worth the extra money for an upgrade to the full Nero6.

Hopes this helps,

Regards,
Alan