Sony DRU-530A (8X) Due in 5 days (18-11-2003)

Sony’s Internal DVD±RW Drive
DRU-530A
Confused about the various DVD recordable/rewritable formats? Have you been putting off buying because you’re afraid of making the wrong decision? Sony’s new ultra high performance DRU-530A Dual RW DVD burner for your PC that brings together all the popular formats in a single drive: DVD±R and DVD±RW, as well as CD-R and CD-RW.

High performance 8X max. DVD Burning!
Pre-sale starts on Nov 18th, 2003.

Confused about the various DVD recordable/rewritable formats? Have you been putting off buying because you’re afraid of making the wrong decision? Sony’s new ultra high performance DRU-530A Dual RW DVD burner for your PC that brings together all the popular formats in a single drive: DVD±R and DVD±RW, as well as CD-R and CD-RW. Expect performance from this drive, its capable of burning DVD+R at 8X max, 4X max. for DVD-R & DVD+RW, and 2X for DVD-RW discs. No need to have a second high performance CD-RW drive in your system as the DRU-530A can burn CDs at up to 40X max! The drive comes bundled with a rich software from well know companies including Sonic Solutions®, CyberLink, and MusicMatch®. Create and share your home movies, preserve old tapes on DVD, backup your system, create self-running slide shows of your digital pictures, create your own original music CDs, and so much more. Installing the drive into your system is simple, thanks to industry standard ATAPI/EIDE interface. Own a Sony DRU-530A and you’ll never have to worry about which of these DVD formats is going to become the industry standard, because this drive does them all!*
Features top of page

• High performance 8X max. DVD Burning
• All popular DVD formats are supported-Eliminate the worry in choosing a DVD recordable drive
• Maximum compatibility-Choose the DVD recordable media with the optimal compatibility with your playback hardware
• High performance CD-R/RW burning-No need for separate CD-RW drive
• Powerful software bundle-industry standard applications for creating and editing DVD video discs from camcorder/VCR tapes, backing up your valuable data, storing and sharing large files, watching DVD movies on your PC, and so much more.

Mmmmmmmmm, no 8x DVD-R and no 4x DVD-RW.

I think I wait and will go for the Pioneer DVR107.

I second that,you would think that due to
the above average showing for the 106/A06,Sony would release something more universal (i.e.:more like the upcoming a07/107),but I guess not. Well,it looks like it’s time for me to jump ship…:smiley:

Um it says Pre-Sale Starts on the 18th. It doesn’t say it is coming out that day. That is when you can pre-buy the drive who knows when you can actually get it.

Adam