Sony DRU-190S @ Lite-On DH20A3P : problems cross-flashing!

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-190S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I read that you could crossflash the 190s to a lite-on DH20A3P. I went straight ahead not realising that you needed to patch the firmware, so now my drive will not open and I’m getting a constant flashing green LED on the front.

I will probably need to buy a new drive, which isn’t too bad because it didn’t cost me a lot in the first place. I’m just posting to see if it is possible to save it.

I’ve tried reflashing the original firmware, patched custom firmwares, etc and I just get an error in Flash Utility “Error Writing FLASH to Drive”.

I can read the firmware that it currently on it but cannot flash at all.

Welcome to CDFreaks. :slight_smile:

The DRU-190S is SATA, right? You flashed a PATA firmware on it. That’s why it’s not functioning; you needed DH20A3S firmware.

Do a bit of searching…I think there are other threads about recovering a SATA drive that’s been mis-flashed. Or someone will be along to help you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome Albert. :slight_smile:

A little bit of research leads me to believe that I need to try the XSF tool in DOS. I don’t have a floppy disc drive or access to a burner, but would it be viable to use a pen drive to boot to dos. I know of some programs that will create a bootable dos pen drive, and then I can add the XSF.exe and .bin firmware file.

This leads to my second question, what .bin file should I flash the drive with? The correct Lite-On, or my original Sony DRU firmware?