Sony DRU-190S, LG GH22NS30R, ASUS 20B1LT or LITE-ON HH-20A1S-H12C

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DRU-190S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi,

I want to buy a new retail SATA DVD burner and I am at a loss on what to choose. Please help. :bow:

I want to buy the burner from a near-by shop. At first, I have tried a Pioneer 216D, then tried to replace it with a Pioneer 216, but the one they had in store was already damaged (one corner of the drive was bent from a hit). Because of how they handle the bulk drives, I’ve decided to go for a retail.

Looking at what they have in store, I have these options:

• Sony DRU-190S,
  • LG GH22NS30R,
  • ASUS 20B1LT or
  • LITE-ON HH-20A1S-H12C

Here is the link to the shop: http://www.mariosoft.ro/componente/componente-pc/unitati-optice/filtru/interfata-s-ata/mod-livrare-retail/Can somebody recommend one of these drives (with some burn samples, if possible)? Should I simply stick with the bulk Pioneer 216D?

Please help. :bow::bow::bow:

Thanx,

Ionutz

The 216D and 216 are no different in hardware except the latter supports writing to -RAM. It is a very good drive.

As for the other drives you’ve mentioned, there are scans in the respective forums associated with them, help yourself first by looking at through them, instead of asking people to post/link the scans for you.