SONY DRU-190A (Lite-On 20A3P) Possibly $19.98 at Staples on BF

I’m not perfectly sure about this but think it’s worth keeping an eye on.

According to various deal sites, Staples will have a “Sony 20x DVD Drive Internal” for $69.98 - $42 instant savings - $8 easy rebate = $19.98 on Black Friday.

The posted Staples SKU# is 718073. My local Staples store has this in stock, and the actual model# is DRU-190A.

According to the following threads, it’s a Lite-On 20A3P.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/sony-dru-190a-anybody-heard-dvd-writer-230173/
http://bbs.cdbest.net/thread-214708-1-1.html (in Chinese)
http://bbs.cdbest.net/thread-215498-1-1.html (in Chinese)

Here are a couple pictures of the product:

(I was going to order the 20A4P from Newegg. Now this has got me thinking which one to buy. But I guess I’d still go for the 20A4P for its jitter scanning capability.)

That could be extra hot if you can sneek in an extra coupon. Finally, I found something to look forward to on BF. :clap:

[QUOTE=anodalex;1934633]…I guess I’d still go for the 20A4P for its jitter scanning capability…[/QUOTE]

CD/DVD Speed will support jitter scanning on the A3Ps in the next version.

Really? Always nice to have spare drives on hand! :wink:

It’s not listed in the Black Friday flier I have, but that doesn’t mean much.

Just got back from Staples-It was a zoo but I was out at 6:15 am. Its a sony DRU-190A made in china september 2007. It was retail version with sony disc with nero. It was $28.00 with an $8.00 rebate. Can I flash it to a Lite-On 20A3P??? Thanks for the help.

I got one online as well. Looking forward to crossflashing it and burning with it.
for 20 bucks you can’t go wrong.
budzos

Went to a store and it was NOT on sale, rang up $69.98. Online is getting hammered now. Probably better off getting the 7190 from NE for $25 shipped

funny thing was at my store, they had a ticket right in front of the drives showing them on sale but when i went to pay, they said they werent(range up at close to $70)…i went back, took them thier own tag showing them its on sale and they did an over ride…got it for the price of 19.98 after rebate…also, u can show them online thier price on thier site and they will let u have it for that price…

[QUOTE=studmonkey76;1938041]funny thing was at my store, they had a ticket right in front of the drives showing them on sale but when i went to pay, they said they werent(range up at close to $70)…i went back, took them thier own tag showing them its on sale and they did an over ride…got it for the price of 19.98 after rebate…also, u can show them online thier price on thier site and they will let u have it for that price…[/QUOTE]Now there’s someone i haven’t seen here in ions.

No BF for me this year.

First Staples I stopped by at 7 AM, there was still a line outside, guess they didn’t want an overflow of merchants which could be a fire hazard. Second one was typical, but no tag up on the shelf. They’ve always given the excuse that online pricing doesn’t reflect the instore pricing because they’re “separate,” at least the stores here. But after paying for gas, tax, and crowd annoyance, NE is a better way to go for $25. Only real advantage for instore is trying to have them accept a competitor’s $10 off coupon.

[QUOTE=rolling56;1938049]Now there’s someone i haven’t seen here in ions.

No BF for me this year.[/QUOTE]

hey rolling56, hows it going bud! they finally opened a staples around me, so no trip to springfield for there staples…LOL…mine had a tag or they probally wouldnt price match it to online anyway, but since it was a tag printed out right in front of them, they didnt have much choice…

[QUOTE=studmonkey76;1938095]hey rolling56, hows it going bud! they finally opened a staples around me, so no trip to springfield for there staples…LOL…mine had a tag or they probally wouldnt price match it to online anyway, but since it was a tag printed out right in front of them, they didnt have much choice…[/QUOTE]Good call, demand the price :bigsmile: take care and good to see you again.

Confirmed that it is the DRU-190A. Picked up 3 and there were about 8 more at the 50010 store.

I was shocked that my staples accepted the infamous $10 of $20 coupon from OfficeMax. I asked the General Manager after she got done handing out vouchers if they’d accept it, and she was like “Sure!”

is this the drive you all are talking about? in the need for a new one. even at $30, still a good price for me. since i have to order online and cant be there in store to get.

LINK

[QUOTE=Cavalyr;1938153]is this the drive you all are talking about? in the need for a new one. even at $30, still a good price for me. since i have to order online and cant be there in store to get.

LINK[/QUOTE]

thats the one…

if this drive is $10 then it is worth it. But if it is $20, I’d rather buy it on newegg for $30. I was in line this morning and I know how BF sale is, not worth it if only saving $10 and has to go through rebate hassle and the long line

there was no line at my staples…what got me was the fact they were suppose to open at 6am, but insted, they said they were ready and peeps were outside waiting so they opened at 5:30 am insted…kinda pist me off since most of the deals were gone by the time i got there at 6am

so is this drive good as is or flashed ?? really matter?? as i do like LiteOns quite a bit. thanks.