Sony developing new Walkman audio player

vbimport

Unconfirmed rumors indicate Sony plans to introduce a new touchscreen Walkman next month during the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The new touchscreen MP3 player is being designed to compete with the Apple iPod Touch MP3 player, and has several key improvements over current MP3 players.

According to “trusted inside sources” speaking with Sony Insider, the Japanese company will introduce 16 GB and 32 GB models of the Walkman. The video and music player is expected to be the most sophisticated Walkman player that Sony has released.

The rest of the article is available here.

Are you down with purchasing a new Sony Walkman aimed at competing with the Apple iPod Touch?

Much as I like Sony Audio equipment after that convoluted debacle
with their previous audio players and their own propriatary ATRAC audio codec (in all it’s varied forms) AND their inability to allow their portable units to interact with their auto-audio equipment…all of which were based on their refusal to simply pony up the coin to license whatever they need to to make their equipment
compatible with everyone else’s hardware.

Like I was saying, I like sony’s home and auto audio equipment
but considering their past performance they wouldn’t be first on my list (or even third or seventh) were I shopping for a portable audio device.

32Gb? similar to the iPod Touch?
sorry, not interested.

64Gb solid state like an iPod Nano? mabey.

AD