Sony (Daxon)

vbimport

Digitalfaq.com lists Sony (Daxon) as first class media. So went out to purchase just that. I seen much Sony media but not “Sony (Daxon)” does the Sony DVD’s not say Daxon? I want what the site says is first class, so should i just get the Sony’s that says Taiwan on the back or what? Somebody please correct me?

If you really want quality media, get some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden. Sony media are not so “top” quality discs :wink:

Daxon does not appear anywhere on the packaging, or anywhere else. The Sony branded media that say “made on Taiwan” on back are the good discs.

Verbatim (MCC), JVC Taiyo Yuden (TY) and Sony (Daxon/Taiwan) are all good media.

I’ve used thousands of Sony discs, and had almost zero problems burning/playing them – something I can’t say about TY media. TY may scan better, but they don’t work better.

Don’t worry Chala, you were on the right track, don’t get confused or talked out of the Sony discs.

Exactly, Sony is first class DVD media imho :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Womi;2489133]Exactly, Sony is first class DVD media imho :)[/QUOTE]I like how my 112 treats them :smiley:
But how about Sony’s MiI stuff? :confused:

Michael

The Sony MIT are fairly good discs, yeah they may not scan as good as say TY or
Verbatim but I’ve not really had any major problems out of them :disagree: no more than
any other brand I’ve tried. As far as I can remember I’ve never even had a coaster
out of all the Sony +R disc’s I’ve used and maybe 2 or 3 coasters out of the Sony
-R disc’s. Stick with the Sony MIT +R disc’s and you shouldn’t have any problems. :wink:

I bought a few hundred MII Sony DVD+Rs a year or so ago, and I’ve had zero problems with them. Well, as far as I know anyway, the only scanning my drives support is transfer rate.

[QUOTE=lordsmurf;2489115]Daxon does not appear anywhere on the packaging, or anywhere else. The Sony branded media that say “made on Taiwan” on back are the good discs.

Verbatim (MCC), JVC Taiyo Yuden (TY) and Sony (Daxon/Taiwan) are all good media.

I’ve used thousands of Sony discs, and had almost zero problems burning/playing them – something I can’t say about TY media. TY may scan better, but they don’t work better.

Don’t worry Chala, you were on the right track, don’t get confused or talked out of the Sony discs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lordsmurf i appreciate it.

[QUOTE=getit29;2489150]The Sony MIT are fairly good discs, yeah they may not scan as good as say TY or

Verbatim but I’ve not really had any major problems out of them no more than

any other brand I’ve tried. As far as I can remember I’ve never even had a coaster

out of all the Sony +R disc’s I’ve used and maybe 2 or 3 coasters out of the Sony

-R disc’s. Stick with the Sony MIT +R disc’s and you shouldn’t have any problems. [/QUOTE]

So they do say MIT on them correct?

On another note, seems this thread has been moved it says, moved where? Thanks all!

[QUOTE=Chala;2489156]
So they do say MIT on them correct?[/QUOTE]To be precise: “Made in Taiwan”. :wink:

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2489266]To be precise: “Made in Taiwan”. :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]

Soon, the Daxon-made Sony discs will be no more now that Daxon has gotten out of the blank media business. This means no more Made in Malaysia Sony-branded DVD discs (and the MIM discs aren’t as reliable as the MIT discs). Ritek will be taking over production of the MIT Sony-branded discs using Sony stampers (Ritek has been making DVD-RWs with their own stampers but branded with the Sony name for a few years now). And you will see more of the Sony-branded DVD discs labeled “Made in India” (MII).

[QUOTE=mciahel;2489266]To be precise: “Made in Taiwan”. :wink:

Michael[/QUOTE]

How silly of me…lol…here is one i am looking all over for Mitsubishi Kagaku Media,and where ever i see that name i see Verbatim next to it, are they the same??

[QUOTE=Chala;2489932]How silly of me…lol…here is one i am looking all over for Mitsubishi Kagaku Media,and where ever i see that name i see Verbatim next to it, are they the same??[/QUOTE]

Yep, Verbatim is part of MKM (AKA MCC - Mitsubishi chemical corporation). Nearly all their media is made for them by other companies though, such as CMC in Taiwan, Falcon in the UAE, Moser Baer in India and, in the past, Prodisc in Taiwan. As long as it says AZO on the package on write-once CDs and DVDs it should be made with their technology and chemicals.

[QUOTE=Aramchek;2489973] As long as it says AZO on the package on write-once CDs and DVDs it should be made with their technology and chemicals.[/QUOTE]
Yes, very important lately.

You don’t want to end up with Value Series Verbatim media (CMC or Ritek), as this person did: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/showthread.php/taiyo-yuden-second-1889.html

Verbatim has started to play the consumer game, it seems. Good products for selective buyers, low-priced not-so-good for the cheapskates (or the unaware).

Seeing more of these lately.