Sony CRX175e2

vbimport

I just bought this used, and I can’t find a driver for it. Sony.com is no help.

There are no drivers needed. Do you have burning software that recognizes it?

I don’t currently have any burning software installed. Windows won’t even recognize there’s a drive there, though. I’ve even tried to go in through add new hardware and try to force it to find it, and no go. Do you think its defective?

You probably have it jumpered wrong
(master-slave)

It’s plugged in the same way my last one (working) was, and how I’ve plugged in the last 3 or 4 I’ve installed myself. Is it at all possible that Windows is simply damaged in some way?

Originally posted by CEZ
It’s plugged in the same way my last one (working) was, and how I’ve plugged in the last 3 or 4 I’ve installed myself. Is it at all possible that Windows is simply damaged in some way?

Yes but did you set the drive jumper for the appropriate postion that it is on the cable?

I don’t know what that means. :blush: I just took the last drive out and plugged this one one in exactly the same way the other one came out. That’s how I’ve always done it.

The drive has to be jumpered appropriately for it’s position on the cable, one drive is master, one is slave. Failing to do this means that your drive will not be recognized by the motherboard or by Windows. There should be a jumper position indicator stamped on the top rear of the drive case, and/or printed on the drive label on the top of the case.

Thanks. It wasn’t jumpered correctly. It was jumpered as slave, so I set it on master, but that didn’t change anything. Windows still doesn’t find it.

eta: I reinstalled windows, and now it found it. :smiley: Thanks for all your help!

hey,
i had almost the same problem, i took my Sony CRX175e2 from an older computer to use on mine as a slave. The jumper is configured correctly, and the drive shows up under my computer, and when i try use the drive it gives me the cursor with the cd icon, but when i try and open the drive it says:
e:\ is not accessable. the request could not be performed because of an I/O error.
Is my drive broken, or is it misconfigured?
thnx in advance