softw
alcohol 120 4.1.7 (Buils 1005)
Nero 5.5.9.13

media used
sony 48x cdr
verbatim 48x cdr
xerox 48x cdr

Problem: recognize all blank cds as cdrw
i fix the same problem one time (3 month ago) disassembling and assembling all components of the cdr-w

Please help me (i still waiting sony response sincce 4 month)

hey i got the same cdrw drive as u, crx140e and it has the same problem…u said u fixed it tho, how did u do tht? i would really like to know, i dont got any money to get another drive.,…u said u took it apart and reassembled it, did u do anything inside of the drive? plz resond asap thanks

It’s clearly explained.

Buy a new CD-RW unit?
CRX-140E is old and wont recognize RWs that are 4X or faster…
//Danne

yeah i know its clearly explained, but by just dissasembling it and putting it back together, how would tht fix it?..well i dont got a lot of money, and i dont kno about buying one on an auction, it prob will b just as old as mine…and mine is only 5 years old, and i hardly used it, and its a sony, i thought sony made good products, i guess not…the thing should of lasted longer then tht, escpeially since i hardly used it…but if anyone knows where i can get a good quality cdrw for cheap, tht would b nice… thanks

sony have good & bad products like alot of other companies,regardless to the usage its only electronics and no peice of electronic lasts forever 5 years is preety good