Sony crx-195e1 problems

vbimport

hello, ive got the sony crx-195e1 with firmware flashed to VS0B that is not burning most cds anymore. the firmware was flashed a long time ago and its burned many cds since then, so im pretty sure thats not the problem. just recently, however, i am not able to create cds. it will go to 6-7%, then i hear the drive spinning, and it comes up w/“command aborted, could not perform end track.” ive tried music and data cds, as well as burning images (vcd) all with the same result. i can make disc copies however. any ideas? thanks!

edit: im not sure if it has anything to do w/this, but i noticed in my nero infotool my dvd drive (f) is read as g, while the cdrw (g) is read as f

***edit2: i just installed my spare lite-on 52246s from my other rig which i KNOW works and its doing the same thing?!?:confused:

Are you using the same software for copying and compilations ?

yes, nero 5.5 for everything. i usually use express, but ive tried it using the regular version as well.

For copying DAO or DAO96 is always used.
As for compilations TAO may be used as well. Try to burn a compilation using DAO ( no multisession ) and see how it does.

im usually burning dao b/c theyre live shows, but i tried dao96 w/no luck either…

i just installed my spare lite-on 52246s from my other rig which i KNOW works and its doing the same thing?!? fresh copy of a legal version of nero, updated to the latest version. xp pro issue? :confused: