Sony CRX 140E!

vbimport

I have CRX 140E which cant burn SD2. I tried to burn UnDying without success. Firmware for the burner is 1.0n. I tried both CloneCD2851 and CloneCD3007b. Burning speed was 4x. No luck :frowning:
For all the guys that are able to burn SD2 with CRX 140e. What firmware and CloneCD version do you guys use ?
Plz answare me on this ! Thanks !

The_Holycow !

Read speed should be 4X! Above will make a coaster… at least that’s the info I received.

Try burning it with 2x and with Power Calibrating ON.

FUNNY THING THIS WEEKEND WHILE CLEANING I FOUND THE ORIGINAL BOX TO MY SONY.  ON THE BOX IT LISTED THE MODEL # AS CRX 140E/CH2.  I NEVER NOTICED THE "CH2" BEFORE. SO I WENT TO A FEW STORES, AND NONE I FOUND SAID "CH2".  I DON'T PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT THE LITTLE SONY WITH NO "BURN PROOF" HASN'T MADE A COASTER IN MONTHS THAT WASN'T MY FAULT. FIRMWARE 1N.  IT ALSO SEEMS TO DO THE IMPOSSIBLE, COPY SD2 AND NEW SECURE ROM. I TESTED AND DONE AT THE SETTINGS BELOW WITH CLONE CD 2.X.X.X  THEY WORKED ON MULTIPLE SYSTEMS.

FOR SD2-
READ- FAST ERROR SKIP
FAST ERROR SKIP SETTINGS-
3 RETRIES
NO ERROR CORECTION
INTELEGENT BAD SECTOR SCAN
4X READ SPEED
WRITE AT ANY SPEED

CLONE SETTINGS FOR SECURE ROM "NEW" AS FOLLOW
      READ SUB-DATA & AUDIO
       INTELLIGENT BAD SECTOR SCAN
        4X READ
             WRITE AT MAX 
               NO ERROR CORRECTION
                CLOSE CD SESSION

NOW THESE WORKED FOR ME. ALTHOUGH SECURE ROM HAS GIVEN ME THE MOST PROBLEMS BY FAR. MEBEY SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME THE BEST SETTINGS THEY FOUND FOR THE NEW SECURE ROM?
PS LAST MONTH I BOUGHT A 1210 PLEX JUST FOR THE CRAFTMANSHIP. BEEN WORKING ITS GUTS OUT TO.

I’ll update the SafeDisc 2 list with the CH2 label. Thanks for the detailed info! We can use that…

NOW AS I READ AROUND THE SITES EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE "NEW" SECURE ROM. I MAKE A GOOD COPY 1 OUT OF 6 TIMES. BUT NASCAR 4 IS GIVING ME FITS! I HATE TO GIVE IN AND ASK FOR HELP BUT HAS ANYONE HAVE THE CORRECT SETTINGS FOR CLONE CD.  THE PART I ENJOY IS DEFEATING THE PROTECTIONS. BUT AFTER 28 NON WORKING ATTEMPTS, USING EVERY COMBINATION I CAN THINK OF. INEED HELP.   THANKS.

I can get hold of a CRX140ERP

Do you think it`ll do the trick ?

Cheers
Rob

Privateer

They come with a 4 meg buffer in them. Hmm interesting information. I havent had a coaster from it yet(Got it about 3 weeks ago) and I too have been burning it to death… :slight_smile:

MY FIRST TRY ON SD2 WAS LANDWARRIOR. I HAD ACCESS TO 5 ORIGINALS THIS HELPED. BUT HERE IS MY I ALREADY LOGGED THIS BUT WONDERED WHAT YOU THINK OF IT?
QUESTION? 2 OF THE ORIGINALS COPIED PERFECT ALMOST EVERY TIME . 2 WERE VERY GLICHY FOR COPYS BUT ONE I HAD NO SUCCESS AT ALL. I READ EVERY THING I COULD ABOUT SD2 AND CAME TO A CONCLUSION. I THINK THE TOLLERANCE WHEN THEY PRODUCE THEM IS TO BLAME. THE WEAK SECTORS ARE THE CULPRIT. SD2 WORKS BECAUSE THE WEAK SECTORS ARE NOT ABLE TO BE READ CORECTLY FROM THE ORIGINAL. BUT SOME GAMES COME OFF THE LINE WITH STRONGER WEAK SECTORS BURNED IN. THUS CAN BE COPIED.
IF ANYONE ELSE HAS INSIGHT PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY. I KEEP DETAILED LOGS OF BURNS AND INFO, THANKS.