Sony considers discontinuing the PSP Go

vbimport

Sony considers discontinuing the PSP Go.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/03/k8QNMn.jpg[/newsimage]It's possible Sony will pull the plug on its struggling PSP Go mobile gaming unit, as it has become obvious the company dropped the ball a bit in the mobile gaming business.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/sony-considers-ending-psp-go-console-27261/](http://www.myce.com/news/sony-considers-ending-psp-go-console-27261/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

LOL… it was only a matter of time… like I said way before launch… PSPGo was dead in the water before it hit store shelves.

Consumers weren’t confused… they just were not going to sit back while Sony tried to feed them the golden turds of handheld game systems, did the system look cool? hell yes! best looking handheld I think of all time… however if you take a piece of shit and dip it in Gold, it’s still a piece of shit… no matter how pretty you try to make it.

Consoles… (handheld or home systems) that have no packaged media, and require either downloading the game or force an internet connection to play will die.

Gamers (most of them) want to buy the game, beat it, sell it or trade it in towards something else… if the console requires games that have no monetary value the masses will have nothing to do with it.

Instead of wasting their time and money on this crap they should have just concentrated on getting more games made for the PSP… the lack of content is the only thing holding them back in the handheld wars… but of course the PSP has been hacked… just like the DS, and Sony tried to come up with a design to try and beat the hackers… and they lost their ass… tell me… how much money did they lose trying to beat them instead of just dealing with things the way they were?
Every console is going to be hacked, there are a small percentage of the population who are going to pirate games and play them, you cannot beat them, your wasting your time and money. The majority of these people wouldn’t buy the system or the games in the first place, so your not really losing those sales, the amount lost due to piracy cannot be anywhere near the amount lost trying to fight it. Everyone in retail business has to deal with stolen merchandise, retailers deal with it everyday, even though it’s not right, it’s just part of reality, there is no way to stop 100% the theft of merchandise, if your losses are less than 5% of your yearly gross you should feel lucky and fine other ways to make up those losses… like creating more product to profit from.

Hopefully the idiots at Sony have learned a lesson… and other console makers have payed attention so that none of them will try to force this type of shit down the throats of consumers again!

[QUOTE=jhutchi63;2502567]LOL… it was only a matter of time… like I said way before launch… PSPGo was dead in the water before it hit store shelves.

Consumers weren’t confused… they just were not going to sit back while Sony tried to feed them the golden turds of handheld game systems, did the system look cool? hell yes! best looking handheld I think of all time… however if you take a piece of shit and dip it in Gold, it’s still a piece of shit… no matter how pretty you try to make it.

Consoles… (handheld or home systems) that have no packaged media, and require either downloading the game or force an internet connection to play will die.

Gamers (most of them) want to buy the game, beat it, sell it or trade it in towards something else… if the console requires games that have no monetary value the masses will have nothing to do with it.

Instead of wasting their time and money on this crap they should have just concentrated on getting more games made for the PSP… the lack of content is the only thing holding them back in the handheld wars… but of course the PSP has been hacked… just like the DS, and Sony tried to come up with a design to try and beat the hackers… and they lost their ass… tell me… how much money did they lose trying to beat them instead of just dealing with things the way they were?
Every console is going to be hacked, there are a small percentage of the population who are going to pirate games and play them, you cannot beat them, your wasting your time and money. The majority of these people wouldn’t buy the system or the games in the first place, so your not really losing those sales, the amount lost due to piracy cannot be anywhere near the amount lost trying to fight it. Everyone in retail business has to deal with stolen merchandise, retailers deal with it everyday, even though it’s not right, it’s just part of reality, there is no way to stop 100% the theft of merchandise, if your losses are less than 5% of your yearly gross you should feel lucky and fine other ways to make up those losses… like creating more product to profit from.

Hopefully the idiots at Sony have learned a lesson… and other console makers have payed attention so that none of them will try to force this type of shit down the throats of consumers again![/QUOTE]Agreed.

Agreed. The psp go was dead on arrival. I hope this puts to death to digital downloads becoming majority in video games. I dont know why Sony is worried about the Iphone. The iphone was bought to be a smartphone, not a gaming machine.

Correct… but they see it as competition… even though the iphone can play games it represents what… 2% of handheld gamers? 5% maybe at best?
Again, the ignorant dumbasses at Sony see that as this big threat… personally I could give a crap about the iphone, I can’t stand the design and will never own one… once again… if they spent time creating better/more games & fixing design flaws (crappy umd drives) they wouldn’t have to worry about competition… with a good system and good packaged games that have a material value sold for a reasonable price comes more consumers willing to spend their hard earned cash…
Now if they want to go the route of PSPGo and sell the games for say $5.00 per download they could probably get away with it… but we know these greedy fools aren’t gonna swing that way, and while they may say this was to try and combat piracy that’s a load of crap too,… iphone has been hacked for ages as well… hacked PSP users represent less than 10% of PSP users… people who mod their systems has existed for almost every console and has always represented a small minority of users, the DS, DS lite, and DSi have all been hacked as well… you don’t see Nintendo trying to drop the DS format for download only… how do they combat it? by putting out lots of software and having many GOOD GAMES worth buying! (it kinda offsets the losses)
I wonder just how much Sony actually lost with the PSPGo? probably enough to cause some major shake-ups within the company when it’s all done…
Maybe then we can get someone in charge who actually knows what the fu*k he’s doing… Hey! I can dream can’t I?