Sony CEO: Xbox 360 'lacks longetivity'

Sony CEO may officially be off his rocker.

A few of his quotes from a recent interview.

“This is not meant in terms of numbers, or who’s got the biggest install base, or who’s selling most in any particular week or month, but I’d like to think that we continue official leadership in this industry,” Hirai said in the latest issue of PlayStation Magazine.

“And with the Xbox – again, I can’t come up with one word to fit. You need a word that describes something that lacks longevity,” he said, indicating Sony plans to keep a 10-year life-span for the PS3, mentioning the Xbox 360 will “fall by the wayside in five years.”

“We don’t look at (the Wii) as being competitors. They’re a different world and we operate in our world – that’s kind of the way I look at things.”

Here is the article I wrote regarding his comments.

Thoughts?

:iagree: with everything he said :iagree:

The Xbox360 is a toy in comparison … and the Wii doubly so - except the Wii has the bonus that it’s a family friendly party machine.

The xbox360 will be obsolete in a few years … while the PS3 have reached maturity and will be slaughtering it in game sales … but M$ will be releasing a new console & starting from scratch again :stuck_out_tongue:

The difference between American Companies and Japanese Companies is that the Japanese have vision for the future, whereas american companies are short sighted & take as much as they can, as early as they can.

The Japanese milk the cow steadily for many years … Americans kill the cow for a feast today.

I hesitate to say it’s stupidity … but you know … if the shoe fits :stuck_out_tongue:

If Sony makes it difficult for game studios to make games for the PS3, then it’s irrelevant how powerful the console is IMO. Hirai just needs to lay off the sake before he gives interviews. :wink:

That’s blatant anti Americanism. Japan can play with it’s toy consoles we’ll be landing on the Moon, then Mars.

We have a helluva a lot more cows than Japan does anyway. Hasn’t the world learned yet, Americans stopped buying and every economy in the world tanked.

If Playstation survives it will be because Americans are buying them.

Debro, do you really despise Americans that much? There are so many countries to which have derogatory remarks can be attributed to. Why not rise up and blame individual companies, not Americans as a whole. There is every nationality in American, if you hate us, you hate yourself.

[quote=Zathros;2202952]That’s blatant anti Americanism. Japan can play with it’s toy consoles we’ll be landing on the Moon, then Mars. [/quote]Oh there’s a new space game coming out?

[quote=Zathros;2202952] We have a helluva a lot more cows than Japan does anyway. Hasn’t the world learned yet, Americans stopped buying and every economy in the world tanked.[/quote]The worlds economy got tanked because america borrowed billions of dollars from it and can’t pay it back

[quote=Zathros;2202952] If Playstation survives it will be because Americans are buying them. [/quote]What a crock of shit, america is an insignificant speck compared to the rest of the world.

[quote=Zathros;2202952] Debro, do you really despise Americans that much? There are so many countries to which have derogatory remarks can be attributed to. Why not rise up and blame individual companies, not Americans as a whole. There is every nationality in American, if you hate us, you hate yourself.[/quote]Why does he hate himself if he hates americans? His comments are spot on americans try to rape every cent from something as quickly as they can, just take a look at hollywood.
Someone famous dies lets make a quick buck. The list goes on and on and on.

I call B$ - Just calling it how it is.
Perhaps you’d like me to candy-coat a turd & tell you it’s good for your health, like your goverment does, and most governments for that matter.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]Japan can play with it’s toy consoles we’ll be landing on the Moon, then Mars.
[/QUOTE]
When you can afford it …

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]We have a helluva a lot more cows than Japan does anyway. Hasn’t the world learned yet, Americans stopped buying and every economy in the world tanked.[/QUOTE]
I’m glad America finally learned.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]If Playstation survives it will be because Americans are buying them. [/QUOTE]
So they can have something to do, while they save up for a rocket program … while china has an operating rocket program.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]Debro, do you really despise Americans that much?
[/quote]No. I don’t hate americans. I hate the fact that the country seems to be run by greedy SOB’s that are completely absorbed by finance, with no forethought to their actions.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]There are so many countries to which have derogatory remarks can be attributed to.[/QUOTE]And I dish them too - totally equal rights … if it appears I’m anti-american, it’s because US news dominates over every other countries news.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2202952]Why not rise up and blame individual companies, not Americans as a whole. There is every nationality in American, if you hate us, you hate yourself.[/QUOTE]I understand that the individual companies pay the costs associated with the over-hyped popularity contest that you call elections. In essence, independent, and moral, politicians are priced out of the government because they can’t afford a fancy advertising campaign & $150K suits & dresses :stuck_out_tongue:
So you end up with politicians that are not so much bought, but idiots that are already pro-business with ideals aligned to the companies they are representing, companies that already have so much clout, they don’t need the governments protection anyway. And the the few politicians that actually gave a damn about the populace at large are unable to gain any traction in American politics.
I’d suggest that Americans fully deserve the government they’ve got, but I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy - and that would imply that I hate Americans, which I don’t. It’s totally pity - and the worst is that americans defend the system, warts & all, to the end. Warts can be cured without changing everything.

Billions? That’s aiming a little too low - They stole Zillions from the rest of the world by bundling bad debts and selling it to the rest of the world … and their economy is still f@#$ked.

I say to America - Get your house in order.

Pathetic wannabees reveling in self loathing, offering nothing positive. Having no knowledge of that which you speak you espouse you own lack of understanding. You speak of American as if you actually knew something. To compare China’s rocket program to that of the United States shows how ignorant you really are. You both consistently see a half empty cup in this world. I have posted many times on the greedy idiots of the world but you collectively cannot differentiate. You opinions are therefore non sequitur and you are relegated to live in your own self loathing world view which you suffer every day. Good luck with that. And if American is an insignificant speck think what that makes you, a wannabe American that will never be. HAHAHAHAHA you over there and I’m over here. Fool.

i admit i havent been active in the forums at freaks for quite some time but i saw this thread and decided…i’ll give it a go

its been a while since i’ve been posting actively but i can say that debro and slayerking don’t hate americans…just 2 guys from down under who’ve been here a loooong time and are anchors in the cdfreaks community

I’ll say that i’m no fan of any Sony product but i think that they have more insight as to how long something stays in the market or lasts…they are hardware…MS is software…look what Sony did to HD-Dvd…a lower cost alternative to Blu-Ray…they dealt w/ Wal-Mart and now we have a product that will take time to come down cost for any1 reasonably afford…and that includes the PS3…Xbox took some time to get right but it works great as is now and is solid but PS3 sufferered the same with hardware issues but its main issue nowadays is cost…there little Blu-Ray coup worked and now they cornered the market on HD…but for the console inclusion of its player…price is too high…it’ll be a while…the economy shows it

Japanese do things quite differently…the big 3 auto makers in the US show that…The Japanese arent close to going under for a reason…their business plan/ideas are polar opposite of the detroit squad…they go for effieciency and economy over power and braun and now…the big 3 are suffering…the Japanese will bide their time until the economy pix back up…i’m as american as the next but i’ll take a toyota corrolla any day over a truck made here…with this economy i have to…mpg’s are all that matters to me now

as for the US role in the global economic downturn and its place in the console gaming market…i think europe has just about an even hold on gaming as the US has…debro mention ms will come out w/ something else and they will…they’ll have to…some1 is gonna have to compete w/ the Sony juggernaut in the future…these gaming companies have yammered on for years on who’s better etc…its just part of the process…i do PC so until they come out with a HD gaming console that looks good on a 42 inch screen…i’ll stick with my little windows machine for a bit :smiley: … and as for the role the US played in all this little recession we’re all going thru, we’re probably the main culprits but what i find funny is that all the other countries or citizens in those countries jumped right on board with all the mass greed that was going on…no1 ever talks about that…i mean the biggest banking institution in america…Bank America…didnt even get involved in all these loan issues that screwed everything up…they’ve said they were too risky to try and they didnt…so to me, it all comes down to who wants the most money or is the greediest…personal responsibility…and they are millions around the globe who were just as culpable

all i know for 100% certainty is that i had no hand in the way things are going now economically…why? i’m dead broke and have no investments :bigsmile:

@Nosmartz, I am pretty much in the same boat your are in. I have low credit card debt. I have a large amount of equity in my house. and I in general do not owe anybody much of anything. I am able to fix electronics, I have never purchased a TV, I fix them when people give them to me. The only device I ever purchased was an LCD Projector. Anybody who thinks America doesn’t have a space program is ignorant. We have a couple of robots cruising around on Mars for quite some time now. Forget about the Top Secret stuff. As to the aforementioned people, they both have said many valid points but they are unable to focus and they run off art the mouth hiding behind their keyboard. I speak to people as I would speak to them face to face. I assure you, I receive respect from my peers because I give respect to my peers. There is a lot of Anti Americanism in this forum. Americans do not try to rape everyone they can. American is the most charitable nation on this planet. In the next 50 years Americans will give to charities approx. 55 trillion dollars through grants and trusts. I had absolutely no hand in what happened in the world economic mess. When idiots like these apply blanket blame to all Americans then it is obvious they cannot be taken seriously. Like I said before, What can Australia say it has contributed to the world as a whole? These 2 are just a bunch of cynical loudmouths. The corrupt rich are citizens of the world.
You should post more often, you make sense.