SONY CD-RW/DVD combo CRX320EE, The drive canot read any cd and dvd

vbimport

I got a problem with my disc drive.The drive cannot read any dvd and cd. about a month ago i disabled my Sony drive using device manager to prevent my brother from installing games.Yesterday,after i enabled it does not working like usual.

I’ve tried to restart in safe mode.But its still not working.The device is still detected by computer.(I can eject the disc).Btw i using Win Xp and got 2 disc drive.

I noticed i can click to open the drive without any disc inside the drive.That’s weird !!! BTW my faulty drive is drive F (Sony CRX320EE)

Reduced: 66% of original size [ 773 x 544 ] - Click to view full image

My another (full working) drive will get an error if no disc is inside the drive.That’s what it supposed to be!!

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 638 x 276 ] - Click to view full image

Please someone help me !!!

Hi,

two things you can try:

1. grab a bootable disc and see if you can boot from that drive
  2. uninstall the drive from device manager and let it redetect upon the next boot.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2490569]Hi,

two things you can try:

1. grab a bootable disc and see if you can boot from that drive
  2. uninstall the drive from device manager and let it redetect upon the next boot.

Michael[/QUOTE]I’ve tried to boot using bootable disc.But it still not working.My sony drive did not detect the disc.:confused:

I’ve tried the 2nd method too.The comp reinstall the driver but it does not fix the problem.:frowning:

May be time for a newer drive.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2490786]May be time for a newer drive.[/QUOTE]
I second that.

Perhaps checking or replacing the cables is the last option before going shopping.

Michael

If booting doesnt work then its hardware, if drivespeed is installed, remove it and try again.