Sony bluray Japan 25gb 6X quality?

vbimport

How is the write quality of these discs compared to the 50GB Sony media?

Just because the DVDs glow blue doesn’t mean they are blue ray. LOL

The Japanese made Blu ray disks have a very good rep around the net, but I haven’t tried them personally. Too expensive compared to the Verbatims.

They are currently one of very few BD-R’s that are on my “safe buy” list. They are made in Taiwan. Burn quality I’ve seen from the 2 spindles I’ve purchased places them a close 3rd behind Falcon 4X-6X and Verbatim 6X. I have noticed the price of the 25 spindle inkjets has recently fallen from $3.00 to $2.50 per disc on E-bay. If interested in trying them, I think its very unlikely you would be wasting your money. If print quality is a factor, be aware that they are unfortunately not wide-sputtered, and clear behind the hub print surface. The aforementioned Falcon 4x-6x and Verbatim 6x are WS, and better choices for print quality for me.

^Nikoneko ya is still showing Sony 6x 25gb BD-R disks made in Japan. I wasn’t aware that Sony was also using Taiwanese suppliers for these 6x disks.

Sony BD-R25 6x Made in Japan and Made in Taiwan have both the same SONY-Mediacode.
There is scarcely a difference in quality, maybe the japanese are a bit better.
Both can be burnt with 8x in very good quality in Pioneer BDR205 and LiteOn iHBS112, faster than 8x they are still decent.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2599472]^Nikoneko ya is still showing Sony 6x 25gb BD-R disks made in Japan. I wasn’t aware that Sony was also using Taiwanese suppliers for these 6x disks.[/QUOTE]

Right you are. The 5-10-20 jewel case packs are still listed as MIJ. His Sony spindles are MIT. Never buy my media in jewel case packs and missed that. I certainly should have said “The spindles I purchased were made in Taiwan”. Sorry :o.

Just ran across a US seller selling the Sony 6X IJP 50 spindles priced at $1.42 ea. Nice to see the good stuff coming down in price.

I’ve also seen good results with overspeed burning with the 6X Sony’s.