Sony BDU-X10S not recognizing blu-ray discs (Sony BDU-X10S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony BDU-X10S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I recently installed a Sony BDU-X10S blu ray drive in my HP Pavillion. It reads CD-ROMs and DVDs just fine, but when I plop in blu ray disc one of Planet Earth, the drive spins for a minute or two and fails to recognize it; computer says ‘please insert a disc into drive F:’ when double clicked after inserting the disc. I’ve run the Cyberlink BD Advisor program and receieved all green lights for basic playback of blu rays discs. I’ve also installed the latest firmware update (1.0d) from sony’s support site.

I know that my graphics card is probably not up to par for blu-ray playback–Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family–but the Cyberlink BD Advisor that Sony support insists you run before they begin to help you, gave me all green lights for blu-ray playback. But I’m not so much interested in watching the blu ray movie directly as I am in being able to put the movie on my computer–starting to convert DVD collection to a digital library–so I really just need the drive to recognize and be able to read the disc to a program like AnyDVD.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Oh, I’m running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1