Sony BDP-S350 and BD-R Media

vbimport

I have a Sony BDP-S350 blue-ray player that will not play a burnt blue-ray movie on Memorex or Verbatin BD-R media. The exact same files burnt on
BD-RE play fine. The burner will play them fine and my friends Samsung blue-ray player also works fine. Any help on whats up with the Sony?

If a Samsung player can play your burnt disc and not the Sony S350, that’s strange. Maybe there is a firmware update for your Sony?

Thanks for the reply. The Sony BDP-S350 is at the current FW Ver. 10 as per there website. I am still at a loss to resolve this, i also tried another player at work and the same disc BD-R plays in it, just not in the Sony. :confused:

You have Blu-ray player at work? :eek:

Check these out

Apparently few members reported problems with Sony BDP-S350…

Gadget,

did you get to the end of this? I have a BDP-S350 as well, rips work ok on BD-RE discs, but just ordered some 25GB & 50GB discs so wanted to know if you got this sorted.

Sudo911.

[QUOTE=sudo911;2181092]Gadget,

did you get to the end of this? I have a BDP-S350 as well, rips work ok on BD-RE discs, but just ordered some 25GB & 50GB discs so wanted to know if you got this sorted.

Sudo911.[/QUOTE]

Problem solved, the burner was not preforming the disc end finallize correctly. So i guess the Sony was just being picky as the other players had no problem. So make sure you end your burn with close or finalize the disc and you will be fine. :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing your solution, this will help out others i am sure.

Glad you figured it out :slight_smile:

I am currently having issues with a video that I authored for our wedding videography clients. The Blu-ray disk I created will not play in their Sony BDP-S350 player. I’m using Verbatim printable BD-R’s which play fine in our LG and Samsung players. I burned the disks with an LG GBW-H20L burner using Encore CS3. HELP! :doh: