Sony announces high end Blu-ray player for EU

I just posted the article Sony announces high end Blu-ray player for EU.

Sony has announced its upcoming Blu-ray player for the European market, the BDP-S1E, which will launch in the summer. Sony describes this as one of the most powerful and intelligent AV consumer…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13170-Sony-announces-high-end-Blu-ray-player-for-EU.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/13170-Sony-announces-high-end-Blu-ray-player-for-EU.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

From “The Life of Brian” (sort of)… DUKENUKEM: Look. You’ve got it all wrong. You don’t need to follow Sony. You don’t need to follow anybody! You’ve got to think for yourselves. You’re all individuals! CDFREAKS: Yes, we’re all individuals! DUKENUKEM: You’re all different! CDFREAKS: Yes, we are all different! DOLPHINIUS_REX: I’m not. :slight_smile:
This message was edited at: 30-03-2007 14:03:38

I got nothing :stuck_out_tongue:

From “The Life of Brian” (sort of)… DUKENUKEM: Look. You’ve got it all wrong. You don’t need to follow Sony. You don’t need to follow anybody! You’ve got to think for yourselves. You’re all individuals! CDFREAKS: Yes, we’re all individuals! DUKENUKEM: You’re all different! CDFREAKS: Yes, we are all different! DOLPHINIUS_REX: I’m not. :slight_smile:

“Like existing Blu-ray players, this player will feature 1080p support” Everyone with 1080p displays compatible with this latest DRM riddled device (PC monitors don’t count) raise your hand. :d

raises hand

Sigh OK…everyone aside from Dolphinius_Rex, please raise your hand.

wtf is wrong with the database?

Way to go Sony. Release a player with half-baked functionality which can’t be be upgraded via firmware. Nice way to piss off your user base.

I don’t follow Sony… I follow technology. It just happens that Sony owns patents on most media technology, making them a consistant big player in the field. Philips is pretty similar also. If there is any company I follow, it’s probably Verbatim :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I have to agree that Verbatim kicks ass.