Sony announces a new USB turntable

vbimport

I just posted the article Sony announces a new USB turntable.

I don’t want discuss about the audiophile aspects of vinyl vs CDs, but many people would certainly like to convert their LP collection into CD. There are various reasons to do this: to play your…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14375-Sony-announces-a-new-USB-turntable.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14375-Sony-announces-a-new-USB-turntable.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Gotta love it, sony spends millions to lock their content, then markets a device to rip DRM free tracks from Lps No hippocrasy there, I see!! :g

Thats cool and at that price its a steal but why bull$hit? “It offers a belt drive system for reduced motor noise and rotational stability” I am no audiophile but in the light of the direct drive system I am not sure how accurate the statement is. :r

The best way to get your LP collection to CD is to buy the CDs…

I think this is pretty cool. Not only can you hook it up to your pc, but it also inclues left and right audio for hooking it up to a home stereo, so you can listen to your records. I’m not sure if this is a “quality” player though, I don’t know much about record players, so please someone tell me if this is just a cheapo design, or if it is well worth my $150.

Don’t expect much for that price! It’s just a record player with a USB. A true “Turntable” with decent build quality alone will cost a few hundred more than this thing. This is a good concept, but consider what you need for quality transfers: A Good quality TT ($300+) A High performance cart (starting @$75) A reciever with a quality analog phono stage (rare these days) Cables & a good sound card + decent software. To make an all-in-one unit that matches what is required for high performance playback, let alone truly audiophile would run at least $500. I wouldn’t play a K-Tel album on this thing.