Sony AD-7280S-0B not recognizing blank DVD

vbimport

Hi all.

I have Sony AD-7280S-0B, and I am unable to read blank DVDs. I am on Windows 7, and the DVDs that I am trying to write to are Sony Accucore DVD-R. Can someone please assist me? I ran Nero Infotool and said my DVD Drive does not support DVD-R, DVD+R, and a bunch of them but surely this cannot be so?

Whatever is needed, if possible for help, let me know and I will provide. Thank you.

Additionally, I am able to read the Sony Accucore DVD-R in which I’ve burned movies/pictures/data on it. But cannot write nor the drive reads the blanks.

Again, thanks.

You drive cannot “read Blank DVDs”, it only could recognize blanks…

Seems that you need to clean the drives lenses.

Hi chef,

I don’t understand why I’d need to clean the lenses since it does not even recognize that there is a blank DVD in the drive. Additionally, I can read the same DVD-R with data in it. I am also using Nero Smartstart and it cannot find DVDs in the drive with it.

If Nero Infotool tells you that your drive does not support DVD-R or DVD+R this rather sounds like you installed software that pretends your drive are readers only. I think Daemon Tools offers this functionality for example.

[QUOTE=Raith;2662565]Hi all.

I have Sony AD-7280S-0B, and I am unable to read blank DVDs. I am on Windows 7, and the DVDs that I am trying to write to are Sony Accucore DVD-R. Can someone please assist me? I ran Nero Infotool and said my DVD Drive does not support DVD-R, DVD+R, and a bunch of them but surely this cannot be so?

Whatever is needed, if possible for help, let me know and I will provide. Thank you.

Additionally, I am able to read the Sony Accucore DVD-R in which I’ve burned movies/pictures/data on it. But cannot write nor the drive reads the blanks.

Again, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Is this a new drive? Or have you used it before to write discs?

To learn if it may be a problem with Nero, please download Imgburn and see if it can recognize your blank discs?

Hi Liggy,

I’m unsure what to do at this point, as this is a new drive. I do not have any other discs available to try. Additionally, I can burn CD-Rs but my concern is for DVD-Rs.

Hi deanwitty,

I have not used this drive (new, a few months old) to write discs before. I have used it to read and it reads fine. I will download Imgburn when I am at home tonight, but additionally, the place where I bought the drive (Amazon), said that I can write to DVD-R/DVD+R, is there any other way to check?

I have already uninstalled the drive from my computer, and rebooted. I’ve also tried to update the driver (up to date), as well as went to the URL to find the firmware (none). I am completely at a loss, there’s no way I can return the drive now as I do not have proof of purchase any longer.

Any additional help is greatly appreciate. Thanks again, everyone.

Hi deanwitty,

Can you please advise me, I have included what imgburn provided.

Where it says Media Type: DVD-RW, does this mean I can only burn/read DVD-RW only, or? I’ve never used imgburn so I do not know what other options to check. Discovery does not find the blank DVD-R.

You mentioned that you have an Optiarc AD-7280S, but IMGBurn tells us that you have a TSST TS-H493B drive instead. According to Google this seems to be a DVD-Combo drive which means that it can burn CD and read (but not burn) DVD. IMGBurn also shows a virtual drive, that might come from Daemon Tools.

Seems that the combo drive was the problem. :wink:

Hi all,

Thanks, I guess the place shipped it to me wrong. :confused: