Sony 8x DVD+R Media - 25-pack - $9.98 - Staples

vbimport

No, this isn’t a good price, but I’m throwing this up there because it seems that Staples, at least in my area, is running out of the Sony 25-pack MIJ media, so this may be the last chance to grab some, even at slightly inflated prices. When they restock the 25-packs, it will most likely all be 16x MIT.

I have some coupons, including an Office Depot $10off$25 coupon, that I can use to bring the price down to a reasonable level (3x$9.98 = $29.94 - $10 = $19.94 / 3 = $6.65 per pack). The use of the coupon is dependent on whether your store accepts competitor coupons and if they’re printouts, but in this case, it’s an original coupon from the local newspaper, so I won’t have any problems.

This is just a heads up that you may not want to wait until the next K-Mart or Circuit City sale to do a price match, but instead find some coupons, and get more of them now. Not later, but now.

I think its a good price. They always take Ink Carts and they are the only place in town that has the MIJ Sony 25spindles. Good call negritude. Is this going on now?

Dates of the sale are 3/4/2008 to 4/5/2008, so it lasts for a month. Obviously, you don’t want to wait, unless you know for sure that your local stores have lots of it.

Thankyou, I will be there first thing in the AM.:iagree:

Good find [B]negritude[/B] :clap:

For me , I’ve lost faith in these , the first 2x50 discs that I got from the USA had a strange problem near the edge for some discs and was impossible to burn higher than 8x , the second 2x50 were lost !
I can get Panasonic TYG03 for the same price and burn @18X with this result :

:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=negritude;2014945]No, this isn’t a good price, but I’m throwing this up there because it seems that Staples, at least in my area, is running out of the Sony 25-pack MIJ media, so this may be the last chance to grab some, even at slightly inflated prices. When they restock the 25-packs, it will most likely all be 16x MIT.

I have some coupons, including an Office Depot $10off$25 coupon, that I can use to bring the price down to a reasonable level (3x$9.98 = $29.94 - $10 = $19.94 / 3 = $6.65 per pack). The use of the coupon is dependent on whether your store accepts competitor coupons and if they’re printouts, but in this case, it’s an original coupon from the local newspaper, so I won’t have any problems.

This is just a heads up that you may not want to wait until the next K-Mart or Circuit City sale to do a price match, but instead find some coupons, and get more of them now. Not later, but now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, negritude. Do you happen to have any links to the Office Depot $10off$25 coupon that you mentioned?

Thanks again

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2014970]Good find [B]negritude[/B] :clap:

For me , I’ve lost faith in these , the first 2x50 discs that I got from the USA had a strange problem near the edge for some discs and was impossible to burn higher than 8x , the second 2x50 were lost !
I can get Panasonic TYG03 for the same price and burn @18X with this result :

:p[/QUOTE]

ARGH!

I could scream when I see beautiful scans like this.

I bought 3x 100 packs of TY 16x Premium from RIMA, all 3 gave me the same result, tons of PI’s that AVG’d over 100,000 total PI’s on my BEST burner (Pioneer DVR-112 @ the time), and PIF’s that totaled 1200+, scanning on my Lite-On burner, much higher PI/PIF’s with my BenQ drive. But the AVG QS on the BenQ was 96-98…still can’t figure that one out.

Burning was done @ 12x, any higher and the PI’s would shoot into the 200,000’s.

You guys/gals just keep getting all these great packs, was I just unlucky?

Panasonic TYG03 just seems to consistently be better than the unbranded variety; it’s almost like Taiyo Yuden sells its better stuff to other companies for them to rebadge.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2015220]…it’s almost like Taiyo Yuden sells its better stuff to other companies for them to rebadge.[/QUOTE]

But not Verbatim, where 16x TY is concerned…at least not IMO anyway. Acceptable rather than outstanding :wink:

So I’m guessing you received your Panny TYs, then, or are you going by Mina’s scan? :slight_smile:

Back on topic, my Sony T02s seem to be excellent - on a par with the Verbatim T02s, I’d say :slight_smile:

In the next few days , I will order some unbranded shiny silver T02 from Rima which will reach me next August .
It is not because I like them better than Panny TYG03 , but because for me they are “the rare stuff” .
Is Sony T02 any better than Unbranded T02 from Rima “quality wise” ? except for the horrible shiny silver fingerprints magnetic surface ?

Personally doubt I’ll buy more T02 unless the price is close to current media prices.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2015146]ARGH!

I bought 3x 100 packs of TY 16x Premium from RIMA, all 3 gave me the same result, tons of PI’s that AVG’d over 100,000 total PI’s on my BEST burner (Pioneer DVR-112 @ the time), and PIF’s that totaled 1200+, scanning on my Lite-On burner, much higher PI/PIF’s with my BenQ drive. But the AVG QS on the BenQ was 96-98…still can’t figure that one out.

You guys/gals just keep getting all these great packs, was I just unlucky?[/QUOTE]
I’ve had some good results with TYG03 Premium from Rima. Not sure if the whole spindle was that good though since I bought them before I started scanning and some got mixed into the value line :Z discs I bought. Here’s a few samples but I have quite a few more that scanned just as well or close.

First and foremost I would like to thank negritude for alerting me to this deal and for me it was a great deal. The Staples by my house has plenty of 25spindle MIJ Sonys. I recently got a card for 25.00 off any 50 dollar purchase, I also raided the Ink Cart disposal at my office. I bought 5 X 25 spindles for 49.96 + tax, minus the 25.00 it came too 25.04 and then minus 2 Ink carts it came to 19.04 for 125 discs, all MIJ Sony Taiyo Yuden branded discs. Great deal for me, I didn’t really even need them but at that price I could not resist. Thanks negritude.:flower:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2015146]ARGH!

You guys/gals just keep getting all these great packs, was I just unlucky?[/QUOTE]

Same Here :doh: ( Super Media Store This year )
When did you buy ??? and Batch # ???

Where are you guys seeing this deal? The staples I go to hasn’t even had the 25 packs for the last month or so.

Thanks in advance

Its hit and miss, I just happen to have 3 different Staples Stores within 5 miles of me. One is loaded with them, the other two are not.

It is gone near in my Staples ( More than 15store 10mile area ) long time ago

WoW, even at $10 per spindle of 25??
Back in the old days, sale price for a spindle of 25 is around $7 and plenty of TY to choose from. Oh well, I guess whoever theorize the supply and demand theory is a genius.

[quote=ghetocowboy;2015645]WoW, even at $10 per spindle of 25??
Back in the old days, sale price for a spindle of 25 is around $7 and plenty of TY to choose from. Oh well, I guess whoever theorize the supply and demand theory is a genius.[/quote]
With coupons and Ink carts I paid less than 5.00USD a spindle, but even at 9.99 they are equally priced with the internet sites.

[QUOTE=ghetocowboy;2015645]WoW, even at $10 per spindle of 25??
Back in the old days, sale price for a spindle of 25 is around $7 and plenty of TY to choose from. Oh well, I guess whoever theorize the supply and demand theory is a genius.[/QUOTE]

It was clearly and emphatically stated as only being a good deal if you had coupons.

You do know what a coupon is, right?

:sad::sad: Dammit there’s no Staples in Honolulu! :frowning: